7. DINNER, AWKWARDNESS AND TEENAGERS

Bay-Lee's POV

I sat at the table for dinner next to Rhiannon and across from Lucas, Rhi's mother disappeared into the study to finish her work whilst eating.

"Could you pass me the salt and butter?" I asked Rhiannon.

She obliged and stayed quiet for a while... it was an uncomfortable kind of quiet...

"So, dipshit- did you have a good fap after spying on me and my best mate?" Rhiannon asked with a fake smile plastered to her face.

I immediately choked on my food and coughed at the random and weird words spilling from Rhi's mouth.

"Calm down, Rhi- I didn't enjoy it, you're my sister, remember?" Luke said shaking his head.

"I wouldn't be surprised if you did find it hot, you're pretty stuffed up mentally, if I say so myself." Rhiannon said casually whilst looking down and lifting her corn on the cob to her mouth.

Lucas laughed with his mouth full. "Ok, Rhiannon, whatever you want to believe."

The table fell to an awkward silence once again. Could this be any weirder? I needed to break the ice, and fast.

"I want to believe in the tooth fairy, but I know mum just takes my teeth and keeps them hidden away in her room..." I said awkwardly...

Rhiannon and Lucas laughed at the complete absurdity and stupidity of what I had just said.

"Bay, you're on some other shit, aye?" Luke laughed, looking down at his plate, then back up at me.

"Excuse me, but who said you could call her Bay? That's the best friends job." Rhiannon nudged me giggling with a cocky smile.

"I actually don't mind..." I laughed nervously, as Lucas looked up at me once again, this time our eyes met instantly, his stare hovering. I tried looking away, but couldn't find the strength within myself to do so.

"Um, are you guys, like- alright?" Rhiannon laughed. "Jesus, Luke, stop bloody checking her out! She's practically your sister too!"

Lucas laughed within himself as I held my breath. "Yeah, whatever, sis." He glanced at me once more, then I finally made myself divert my gaze to my plate and away from his blue eyes.

-------------------- 

"So what do you want to do this weekend, babe?" Rhiannon asked me.

"I dunno, really." I said, then the events of the day sprung back to mind. "We should go back to the rock, never know who could be there again." I laughed suggestively.

Rhiannon joined me in my laughter. "Yeah, good point, but we cant possibly stay there all day." She stated. "What else do you want to add to the to-do list?"

I looked outside Rhi's bedroom door and towards Lucas' door. "Why don't we just chill tomorrow for a bit. You know, stay here? Watch a movie I guess?" I looked down, hoping Rhiannon wouldn't read into my want to stay there.

"Yeah, I guess so." Rhiannon said, crawling into bed and opening the window next to her bed.

"What are you doing?" I asked curiously.

Rhiannon immediately reached under her mattress and pulled out a box of cigarettes. "What do you think?" she smiled deviously.

"Oh my god, YES please!" I said, jumping on her bed to join her after locking the door.

"You cant tell anyone, obviously!" Rhiannon said.

I replied with a look that read "When have I ever told your secrets?"

We just giggled and I placed the cigarette between my lips while Rhi lit it up. I did the same for her.

I looked out the window after drawing my first breath and releasing the smoke slowly from my mouth. From the corner of my eye I spotted Rhiannon looking at me strangely.

"What?" I smiled.

"Nothing." Rhiannon looked out the window immediately. "You're just really gorgeous, Bay." She laughed and I followed.

"Naw, SHUX!" I poked my tongue out at her jokingly and looked down.

I felt Rhiannon's eyes lingering on me again. This time I just returned to look- straight into her eyes.

In almost an instant, the room was filled with this strange tension. I didn't understand it and wanted it to stop as it was unfamiliar with Rhiannon.

I looked out the window and once again puffed from the cigarette in my hand as Rhiannon's stare finally found a new target.

That was weird.