Chapter 10

After having snack time, the puppies went to play in the backyard. Hunter gazed upon the treehouse.

"You guys have a treehouse?" he asked.

"Yes," said Dawkins. "It's actually Dylan's treehouse. "It's where he goes to work out his hobbies."

"Hey Dawkins!" said Dizzy. "Can we show Hunter the inside of the treehouse?!"

"Can we please?!" said Dee Dee."

"I don't see why not," said Dawkins.

"Yay!" said Dizzy and Dee Dee.

"You'll definitely like what you see in there," said Fergus.

"But I don't see a ladder," said Hunter.

"We use doggy steps to get up there," said Dizzy.

"Can you still act like a dog?" said Dee Dee.

"Well... yes," said Hunter.

"Then you should be able to get up there without any issue," said Dawkins.

"Alright, I'll try."

Dizzy and Dee Dee went up to the treehouse first. Hunter then got down on all fours and and quickly went up the doggy steps.

"You did it!" said Dizzy and Dee Dee.

"Yeah. That was quick." Hunter remained on all fours as he followed the two pups into the treehouse and was intrigued by what he was seeing. "Wow. This looks amazing. So many stars, planets and bones"

"Dylan really loves space and dinosaurs," said Dizzy. "He even likes PoodleWolf."

"What's a PoodleWolf?"

"It's a game Dylan likes to play a lot," said Dee Dee. "He gets really dramatic whenever he plays it."

The pups led Hunter to the top of the treehouse. He then noticed the telescope. "That's a nice telescope."

"Mommy and Daddy got that for Dylan as a birthday gift," said Dizzy.

"It's like his most prized possession," said Dee Dee.

At that moment, Hunter started feeling uneasy. He immediately started thinking back to when he'd first met Dylan. How he'd charmed him into thinking he was also interested in space. How he'd lured him to his place after he'd kidnapped Dorothy and enticed him with all the space stuff he'd bought. How all of that led to the unfortunate events of that night and thereafter. His body started trembling, his legs were shaking, and his eyes started tearing up.

"Hunter?" said Dizzy.

"Are you alright?" said Dee Dee.

Without uttering a single word, Hunter quickly ran out the treehouse. He ran passed everyone else without saying anything and went into the house. He dashed out the doggy door, got up on his legs, and continued running.

"What was that all about?!" said Fergus.

Dawkins saw Dizzy and Dee Dee coming towards him. "What happened?!"

"Hunter started looking sad!" said Dizzy.

"And then he ran out!" said Dee Dee.

"Did he say why?!" said Fergus.

"No!" said the two pups.

Just then, Diesel appeared. "Everyone! Hunter's gone!"

"What?!" Everyone was shocked. They went inside but found no trace of Hunter still being there.

"His backpack and laptop are still here!" said D.J.

"He wouldn't leave without his things!" said Da Vinci.