honeybee

⚖️🍯💛

⚖️🍯💛

CHARITY MARCH decided her future in a coffee shop. She was standing behind the counter, tuning in and out of people's conversations, listening idly to the chatter of the afternoon haze. She overheard a boy speaking to his father about a new, nearly empty job position at the ministry. At first, she didn't want to prove to her parents that she was the type to be serious. She wanted to be successful without a big job. In her small job, she wasn't happy. She was designed for big things. The March family had restlessness in their blood. After much thought, she sent in her application.

Now in a place where she's surrounded by sleazy men who value her body over her mind or don't even value her at all, she is conflicted. She wants to stay because there's a chip on her shoulder now, but the way they stare at her makes her want to run away and burst into tears in the bathroom (which she does, multiple times). Somehow, she makes it through. Not only with the help of Melanie Talbot and Crystelle Williams, but also with the outstretched hand of Percy Weasley.

Compared to her perfect siblings, Charity is the disappointing middle child. Her big sister Evelyn is happily married with a baby. Her baby brother Noah, a healer and kind soul has the hearts of everyone, and there is no doubt he is the favorite. Charity tries to not take it personally that her parents never paid attention to her successes, but she got used to it. She has a tendency to confide in those who make bad decisions, and as a Ravenclaw fifth year she started some bad habits... her parents were used to disappointment by now.

Percy Weasley knows how that feels. He rushed away from his family and found solace in a place that needed him, even if it meant his own downfall. If it meant that he was the reason his brother was dead and the reason for a whole lot of heartache on his mother's part. So he still stays away and will phase himself into his family while he attempts to fix his own wounds.

Between the two of them, the darkness seeped onto the contracts and into the fabric of the button-downs they wear to court. Held together by threads of hope and secret longing, they are a dynamic duo in a courtroom. Apart, they are strong but together, they are much stronger. Finding themselves in a world laced in aftershocks of a war that ended their lives and started them anew, nothing was better than their friendship.