XIII. | Confrontation

* * •̩̩͙ ✩ •̩̩͙ * ˚ ˗ˏˋ

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

* * •̩̩͙ ✩ •̩̩͙ * ˚ ˗ˏˋ. ☾ .ˊˎ˗ ˚ * •̩̩͙ ✩ •̩̩͙ * ˚ *

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

❝  Aiya, but you thought it... ❞

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

A PRISM OF BEAUTIFUL BLUES and purples bounce between the walls and sparkling decorations. The dazzling flashes of light reflecting off of shining surfaces is nearly blinding. Yet, all Xiao can focus on is the tug of Hu Tao's hand around his wrist as she leads him to the dance floor.

In most situations, if the boy was suddenly thrown into a crowded, loud, ballroom housing a pack of bustling dancers, he would've honed in on the nearest exit and made a beeline for the door. But for once, it's as if there's barely anyone around him. Steady breaths leave his lips, eyes trained lovingly on the back of Hu Tao's swaying brown twin tails, her lithe shoulders complemented beautifully by the dress she's wearing. The girl suddenly pulls him to a stop, spinning around to stand directly in front of him, merely inches apart.

"You don't know how to dance," she smiles.

Xiao rolls his eyes, "That didn't sound like a question."

"No kidding, emo boy! It was an observation!"

"You don't know how to dance either."

"Aye, contraire."

"What- well, do you plan on teaching me?"

"I think I'd have better luck drying a pool with a dish rag. But here," she places one of her hands against his, "palms together like this to pancake," she then shifts to intertwine their fingers, "and fingers linked to waffle. I prefer holding your hand like this. It's far more... intimate, if you will."

A sly grin rises to her features, and Xiao barely hides the redness threatening to dust his face. She guides his free hand to her waist and leans closer to him.

"But nonetheless, follow my lead."

The beginning of the next song fades over the speakers, and a rhythmic tune starts to play.

I got the keys, baby, you ridin' with me, baby, the bigger they be baby, they ain't richer than me, baby!

The upbeat sound of the music fuels Hu Tao's energy, and she immediately begins to swing to the beat before Xiao can protest. It's a good thing the girl had taken classes in ballroom dance, being the granddaughter of a borderline noble and all. He manages to follow, although he stumbles for a few steps.

Girl I know why you came out tonight, so shake it off

Quickly, he's able to connect with her movements, and his unsure steps begin to grow more confident.