Chapter 9

Quick note: this whole chapter is from Adams point of view and his thought process.

I cannot think straight anymore, this trip had been a disaster. I hardly ever see my dad because of his work and now he dislikes me more than I thought he did in the first place. I mean we get on with each other but he's not my favourite person and I'm not his. He's a full bread devil which he means he is one of the strongest out there. Certainly not someone you want to mess around with, he terrifies most of the population, those who believe in him of course, the others aren't so bothered by him. Of course he has his people who constantly worship him. If he ever sees these people, the cults especially, his ego grows and he becomes a cocky so and so.

You see my mother wasn't born into this whole culture and situation. She was 'turned' much like vampires are, so this means she has nowhere near as much strength or power as my father. But that doesn't mean she's not feared because at the click of her fingers my father would have whoever was causing her trouble or distress or anything like that would be dealt with at an instant. The same goes for me as well, I do indeed have more strength than my mother but that is only because of the pure evil blood in me from my father.

The more I think about the more I realise that devils are basically a mix of some of the most well known 'mythical creatures' out there. But we do certainly have our very unique traits.

Firstly we have strong fang-like teeth like the vampires, but also the werewolves in that respect. Depending on your choosing you can have fur but personally I would rather not. Like facial hair etc is fine but no thank you, I'm no mut. Also like a lot of the other kinds we have a mate. Most of the time they're human or devil (obviously). Occasionally devils will find a mate in other creatures but that occurrence is very rare. And it's not always accepted.

You see I've found my mate. The overwhelming feeling I felt when I first saw them was too much to put into words. I feel like I have heart eyes every time I look their way. Before I even knew who my mate was I had a type, like any other person would, but a lot of the time a mate doesn't match what someone would find attractive. I suppose I'm the lucky one in this part of it. My mate is someone I would've classed as drop dead gorgeous anyway. I'm smiling right now just thinking about them. Since when did I become so sappy?

There is just this one huge problem with my mate. They're not going to be accepted by basically everyone. Not even my mother I don't think. She accepts them now but I think that she thinks that it is just some sort of romance to get me by before I know who my mate is. She jokes about it all the time but that's probably a cover up for what she's thinking about us. She just wants me to be happy but with who my mate is there will be a lot of hatred thrown our way. People would try to brainwash me into thinking that my mate is someone else but not being with them would crush me.

One thing I'm still uncertain of is whether I'll be accepted by my mate. I mean my mate is an angel, a freaking angel. I've never once heard about this sort of pairing ever in history. Well at least we're making history together. Just like my kind angels have mates too and at this moment in time for all I know I may not be who his mate is. We may not be compatible, so many things could go wrong with this pairing. I really needed to talk to him about all of this and/or talk to someone who will hear me out an not try to assume or judge what the spirits have somewhat chosen for me. I thank them for them choosing someone so right for me but I hate them for choosing someone so wrong for me. Couldn't they have just paired me with someone my kind? It would've made my life a heck of a lot easier.

I needed to talk to him right now. At this moment in time I didn't care that it was 4 am in the morning. I threw some clothes on and rushed out of the house. My mind was fixed on getting to his house so I didn't notice anything around me until I crashed into something and landed on top of whatever it was.

"Could you just watch where you are going, for goodness sake" I snapped.

"I'm so sorry" An all familiar voice said quietly.

"Sauli?! No, no I should be the one apologising. I was just on my way to talk to you" I stated helping him up.

"Yeah me too" he said taking a deep breath.

"Why?"

"It's about us and I think you know exactly what I'm talking about" he sighed.

"Is it good or bad?" I asked feeling weirdly nervous.

"Both of the above" he said.

"It's about your mate, isn't it? I should've known you'd find someone. I'm came to talk about the same thing" I said all really quickly.

"So you found yours as well?" He asked to which I nodded. "It's going to be a really bumpy ride" he sniffled.

"Who is it?" I asked feeling all curious now. "I'll support you with whoever it may be"

"It's Jaymi" he said looking right at me.

I sighed deeply, I had assumed I wasn't the one he was destined to be with.

"I know I said I would support you whatever but I don't like him so no can do" I said before clenching my jaw so no tear were produced in my eyes. "I'm so sorry, I really wanted to be still friends with you, but it'll be way too hard especially with him being your mate. I knew there was a bigger reason to why I had a strong dislike towards him. Goodbye Sauli, I'll never forget you" I finished off forcing a small smile at him before turning away from him to head back home.

"Adam" he said dragging my name out and spinning me back around. "I was joking silly! How could you think Jaymi was my mate?"

"What?" I asked with a really puzzled face.

"I was just messing with you" he said and grabbed my face and brought me down for a kiss.

He quickly pulled away.

"I'm so sorry, I just assumed you'd be okay with this whole thing. You probably have some cute little mate that isn't myself." he said clearly panicking.

"Just shut up okay" I chuckled an pulled him so close and held him so tight so that he could hardly breathe.

Yes that's right, a whole two chapters uploaded in one day! Shocking right? And the second one was longer than usual.

Thanks for reading and commenting and stuff, I love knowing what people think. I kinda did this two chapter thing because I think my uploading will be even worse in the next few months because I have my final exams and I need to revise loads and stuff but all that finishes in the begining June so yay.