Intermission: Dom Would Be Proud

Start from the beginning

"Call Diablo to dispose of them?"

"No!"

"Ugah?!" and I flicked her forehead again.

"Right, right... Call papa to take care of them." Asaki corrects herself.

I pick up Asaki and put her gently to the ground. Ciel stands up afterwards and I stand up from my desk chair. I look over to my two daughters and what can I say? Looks can be deceiving.

Yuzuki was easily above a head over Asaki but she states being younger than her despite acting older and mature. Having an early growth spurt at the tender age of twelve is good and all but I fear the day she might leave us too soon when I'm not ready.

And although they were born at the same day from different mothers, Asaki acts like a brat who likes to prank and act her age. I guess this might be the influence from her mother not wanting to let her daughter live a sheltered life like she did.

I was gonna take a break from work as my daughters were now home from school... Or two out of three of them at least.

"Where's Luna?" I asked my daughters about the youngest member's whereabouts of my ever expanding family.

"Ah, she is meeting mother Luminous first." replied Yuzuki.

"She still hates me, huh." I said a little crestfallen.

"It's not your fault, papa!" Asaki yelled. "It's not your fault she wanted the giant blue slime plushy instead of the red one."

"Dearest father, I think you're spoiling Luna imouto-chan too much." Yuzuki said.

"But what kind of father doesn't even know what kind of colored plushy his daughter wants for her 6th birthday? I'm a failure..." I gave a mirthless smile to myself as my daughters cheered me up and I felt Ciel's hand holding mine to comfort me.

Feeling a bit refreshed, we were on our way back to the house where by the time we arrived, two girls were waiting for arrival.

I look to the two standing, one of them had a warm smile on her fair pale face. She had white hair and heterochromatic eyes of red and blue, sporting a modest gothic dress that suited her gorgeously. And shyly hiding behind her was a little girl who seemed like the exact copy of her. Young as a six year old, her heterochromatic eyes look on me while she hugs in her arms the red slime plushy I had wrongly given her during her 6th birthday party.

It seems she likes her gift now even though I also gave her a blue colored one. But I think she still hates me. Which actually pains me a bit.

"Welcome home, darling." my wife Lumi-chi said and she beckons my youngest daughter. "Come now, child. What are you waiting for? Didn't you want to talk to papa?"

My daughter huffs and looks away from me. Which brought my 999999 damage to my heart.

But my vampiric wife just smiles teasingly and said.

"If you're gonna be like that forever, papa is gonna start hating you, you know?"

That started the little girl to look at me with worried eyes. Although I would vehemently proclaim to the entire world that I would never ever hate my daughters no matter what, I waited to see what would happen as I watch in anticipation, my daughter hesitantly approach me. Slowly, she comes forward and I knelt with my arms wide open. Seconds later, she made a beeline towards me and hugs me.

I gave her cheek a good smooch and said, "Don't worry, Luna. I will never ever hate you. Ever."

My vampiric daughter gave a happy smile showing her little fangs. Which was the most adorable thing that happened to this day that healed me back to my full health.