alternative ending

Start from the beginning

She sniffled as her face flushed with heat and his image began to blur again. Her face unwillingly surrendered to the sobs, "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry, Druig."

He made a 'shh' noise as he guided her head to touch their foreheads to each other, "You saved us, Persia."

She wanted to shake her head but fell into the comfort of the touch which they held.
He ran a finger over her skin, oozing her muscles to tender, "Take a breath, my love. We made it."

"I killed him." she huffed when she was able to collect her words.

He didn't move, just took a lasting breath, "Because you had no choice, you're not at fault. Repeat after me." he swallowed, creating a slight distance to look into her face, "We made it."

Persia's lips parted, closed. Air lacked in her throat, the weird tension in her lungs getting worse.
Breathing felt involuntary, all of a sudden.

She tried again, this time able to force a small amount of oxygen down her body.
"We made it."

He nodded just enough to count as one, admiring her face until he helped her up.
Druig simply held her, looking forward.

But she couldn't stop watching his face.
The way his features weren't strained, but carried a lasting smile, unlike she had ever seen.
Water glistering in his widened pupils, when she noticed the same streaks down his face.

The only thing holding her back from running the tips of her burnt fingers through his hair were her wobbly feet.

And the pain which pounded.
Heavier.

Persia got slower against her will, furrowing her brows as she tried to decipher the source of it.
Druig stopped, looking over to her when he whimpered- he was standing in front of her before she picked up on his movement, bending down.
"Hey, can you walk?" Then his eyes rushed to the side and he made that same noise again,a trembling touch going over her temple.

Crimson ran down his finger thick as he lowered his hand again.
She blinked, the corners of her sight dimming as she sucked in a breath, "Uh- I just need, I just need to sit down for a moment."

His head shook, helping her down, trying to push her own weight with her hands off the ground but she failed.
Her heart was drumming in her ears, calm as it never did.
Was it calm? She didn't even know.
All she heard was thudding.

Druig said something, but her hearing wasn't obliging to her.
Persia smiled, just filled with happiness to see his face.

Drops of blood fell to the sand, Druig swallowing heavily as panic coursed his veins. He called out for the others- when a gentle touch cooled his skin.

Persia couldn't describe the feeling, but the look in his eyes made her own rush from color- although that might not have been the only reason.

You're going to be okay, his lips formed, but she still had no idea if he was speaking along.

"We made it." she murmured, tapping one finger after the other against his jaw up the lines of his face and then running her thumb under his eye where tears started to rise.
"Don't cry, my sweet boy. We made it, we knew we would."

Druig grasped her hand and pulled down, his hot breath colliding with her skin as her chapped lips started to lack in color.
He dropped down, guiding her to lay inside his hold without her fighting him.
His hands wrapped around her, shaking and calling, tears falling on top of her.

Steps made the ground beneath them rumble, but she didn't care, simply blended it out.

By then, Persia may not have known what was going on, but the creeping anticipation made her shudder. Still, all she could do was smile.

I love you, she mouthed, no longer pushing her lungs to fill with oxygen which felt like poison in her body. And as she stopped, her eyes greyed, the knot no longer restraining her.

-Druig held the air inside his lungs before he could release another yell. His glance fell to her, a tear flodding  from the corner of her closed eye.
"I love you." he choked out as he felt all of his muscles shift with pain, "Did you hear me? I love you, I love you. Don't go."

Persia heard him, feeling weightless.
Endless.

She loved him.
And he loved her.
After all that time, it only took for the world to end for both of them to realize that.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Dear my love.

It has been two weeks since you left us.
Humans constantly think of death.
The taste of fear on the tips of their tongues is unbearable but their most mesmerizing trait. I never bore a second to ever feeling that same way, but when I saw you- your image won't leave my mind.
All the ways this could have gone differently, if only something went another way.
Sersi, Kingo and Phastos are missing and we are trying to find them.
A man showed- his name is Eros. You would have gotten along with him, the both of you seem to have a lot in common.
I wish you were here.
The things I would give to get you back.
The others are mourning, too, they feel guilt and so do I. And your friend, Maya, her voice when I told her was- I can't put it into words.
One thing I wanted to tell you is that I do remember the dance. Everything about it.
The way I approached you and how my body lacked any much rhythm but with you it was so easy. The way your hair started losing color. Touching your skin and the closeness you allowed even though I was horrible. You didn't deserve it.
But still, you believed the good in me when all I ever did was act the opposite.
Each time you opened, you let me in.
I'm sorry for all the words I said to keep you far, all I did was to keep the wall between us.
My heart was always with you, I never once doubted it. I keep wondering, if I had let you close to me, do you think we would have made it?
Or if we never ended up together, maybe we could have lived?
There's no regret in the love we shared, not the least bit. If I could suffer an eternity to have a second with you, I wouldn't hesitate to suffer because all I need to hold me sane is the thought of you.
Wherever you are, if you're watching down on us, I hope you're okay. Tell Ajak and Gilgamesh that we miss them just as bad as you and that they carry special places.
You are my heart, soul and mind. The woman who showed me the world and made me believe that the way I am doesn't make me worth any less.
I can see you laugh about my cheeky words, but I know you're smart enough to know that they are nothing but the truth.
My beautiful, beautiful Persia.
We love you.
I love you.

Yours
Druig

A/N: Honestly, I wish I would have ended things like this because the way they feel is so well portrayed here.
I know the writing style is very different since I practiced and explored a lot. This feels much more like me :)

I hope you guys liked this, thank u for the love!!