Child of Flame (Chapter 4)

Chapter 4:

Percy and I Have a Much Needed Talk

Bianca and I weren't in The Underworld. Instead, we were close to a cliffside with a sleeping Miss O'Leary.

"So where are we?" Bianca asked,

"Vergil must've opened a portal to Percy and Nico." I replied, "And I assume they rode Miss O'Leary to get here."

We then heard footsteps coming towards us. We both turned to see Percy and Nico. Nico instinctively went to Bianca, they were the same height now. Nico looked slightly more pale and tired. Percy looked at me and approached.

"Talk about the entire camp!" Percy exclaimed, "You and Silena find the spy, kill him, burn him alive and then you leave, what the hell?"

Silena must've used her charmspeak to convince everyone. I told her to say it was me though, why didn't she?

"I found leads on my Father and Uncle," I replied, "Vergil, my Uncle is on our side and brought us here. Before we did, Bianca and I defeated Kronos's last line of surveillance: Bob Barbes."

"The news anchor?"

"The very same," I continued, "He was actually Mundus's Warden: Sovereign. Bianca and I took care of him." I turned to Nico, "Where's The Devil Sword Dante?"

Nico had that same aura of darkness behind him, then The Devil Sword Dante revealed itself. Nico grasped it and then gave it to me.

"We're gonna save your dad, aren't we?" He asked,

"Dead on the money." I replied, strapping The Devil Sword to my back. "Vergil said he'd be near The Underworld."

"That's where we'll be going next." Nico said, "But first," He pointed to a very rundown house, the grass was overgrown, paving slabs cracked and destroyed, a swingset was rusted and decaying away under an apple tree.

Upon approaching the house I realised whose house this was, this was Luke's childhood home. Left to rot, like Luke's humanity and sense of purpose.

Nico knocked on the door. But before he could even finish, an old woman, aged, her hair on strands, her eyes looked glassed over and tired, in pain.

"Luke!" She cried with glee, hugging Nico tightly, then to Percy, "Luke!" She then hugged Percy.

I quickly walked away. I couldn't bear to look at this.

Binaca quickly followed,

"That woman," Bianca said, "She's -"

"Mentally broken." I said, "She's lost it. I doubt even Mr D could even do anything to save her." I placed a hand over my eyes and shook my head, "Now I know why he said he ran away."

"Who ran away?"

"Do you back on Othrys, your first ever quest that you went on with Zoë, Thalia, Percy and myself?" I asked.

"How could I forget?" Bianca asked, "That quest felt I had a purpose. It felt nice to have more than just Nico by my side. I love my brother to bits but, back then, his love of Mythomagic drove me nuts."

I smiled, "How do you think Zoë was with me and Legera?" We shared a laugh and then I got to the point, "Regardless, the man who had Annabeth held at sword point. His name is Luke Castellan, a former friend to Thalia and a Brother to myself and Annabeth. That woman is Luke's mother. May Castellan, he didn't talk about her much, Luke was always uncomfortable with that subject. He only told me that she tried to become something greater, but she was turned into someone stammering about Luke's death."