"Who are the socially disadvantaged?" Yo Han interrupted, ignoring the sharp intake of breath by Ji Eun behind him.

   "Pardon?" The reporter blinked.

   "Which of the defendants we tried was socially disadvantaged?" He repeated.

   "Umm, there was the juvenile offender tried by Judge Song, a homeless person and an impoverished mentally ill person that was tried by Judge Kang-"

   "Who are the rapist of a classmate, happy-slapping thief and an outrageous murder," Ji Eun interrupted him coldly. "Socially disadvantaged?"

   "Nevertheless, to some degree, they were socially disadvantaged-"

   He was again interrupted by Yo Han, "They are just defendants. I have no interest in whether someone is advantaged or disadvantaged."

   "So can you severely punish even the defendant in this live court show trial? Chairman Jo Il Do is notorious for his powerful connections." Another reporter piped up. "When the pressure comes down from that cloud-"

   "We are the authority," Yo Han said firmly, clenching his fist and holding it up for sheer dramatics. Ji Eun barely managed to restrain herself from smiling and rolling her eyes.

   "Us, us, us! We are the authority." Though he shouted, it was much more impactful and impressive than when the president had done it. People looked at each other, startled. But now, he had everyone's undivided attention.

   He didn't say anything more, he didn't so much as look at her, but she knew it was her turn to speak. He shifted slightly as she took the mic.

   "As delegated by the people who are the sovereign of this country, the Republic of Korea, we exercise our jurisdiction." Her voice was soft, but everyone heard her clearly. She surveyed the room coolly, eyes gleaming. "Who is above the people? The people, everyone, are the power."

   The president smirked, but it went unnoticed. Having said her piece, Ji Eun bowed, Yo Han doing the same as he said, "We'll see you in court." They walked off the stage, clapping along with the audience. Both wore identical smiles, knowing they had done their jobs well.

   "They're really good," the president told his wife, a little awed despite himself. His wife agreed.

   Seon Ha took two glasses of champagne from the table, sauntering over to the Judge Kang, Ji Eun nowhere to be found. "Congratulations, our star judge." She held out a glass to him, which he took wordlessly, going back to surveying the room. Some of them raised their glasses in greeting, Yo Han doing the same to acknowledge them.

   "Shall we have one as well?" Seon Ha asked, her voice sweet. Deceivingly sweet. Yo Han still didn't say anything, but tapped his glass against hers.

   "To sexy power." She smiled.

   Yo Han simply turned back to the room, raising the champagne to his lips as Ji Eun came to stand beside him once more, holding her own glass of champagne.

   "And so the game begins," she muttered, taking a sip of the drink.

̶̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶   ♱    ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶