"Thanks for what? That it didn't come out a lizard baby?" Santana shot back immediately, apparently not that on board wit Finn's idea as Quinn and Mercedes were.

"whenever I pray, I fall asleep"Brittany whispered

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Emma Pillsbury was running through the hallways as fast as her heels could hold her. She didn't stop until she reached Mr. Shuester's office. Her squeaky voice was shaky as she told Will Schuester the news about Burt Hummel.

Kurt was in total shock once they arrived at the hospital. As he sat down on one of the plastic waiting room chairs, Florence came running in.

"What happened? Beiste told me something happened to Dad?" she practically screamed, leaning against the wall, having ran up multiple flights of stairs in a short amount of time. She looked around the room, hoping to receive an answer on her previous question.

Mr. Shuester avoided her gaze. Before she could say anything to him, she felt her brothers arms close around her shoulders.

"He had a heart attack" Mr. Shuester practically whispered, eyes focussed on the floor. Ms. Pillsbury suddenly seemed very interested in a magazine about extreme sports and also avoided the girl's eyes.

Florence just stood there for a few minutes, unsure of what to do. She didn't know whether she wanted to cry or wanted to yell at Mr. Schuester, she decided to do neither and just enjoyed the warm hug she was still trapped in. After numerous minutes had passed, Florence softly separated herself from her brother. She stepped towards her teacher and stood in front of him, making it impossible for him to avoid her gaze.

"how come you didn't pick me up? I was lucky I ran into Quinn, otherwise I wouldn't even have been able to get here" She sternly spoke, perfectly masking her nerves.

"We thought you had a drivers license" Mr. Shuester apologized.

"I'm fifteen years old" Florence laughed, immediately feeling guilty for laughing in such a serious situation. Kurt nudged her shoulder, trying to stop her from arguing. Florence sighed and sat down in one of the plastic chairs.Kurt took a seat next to her and they sat in complete silence for a few minutes. Florence bit her lip to stop herself from crying, the last thing she wanted was for Mr. Schuester to see her cry. She rested her head on Kurt's shoulder, trying her hardest to think happy things to cheer her up. A nurse eventually came their way, guiding the Hummel siblings towards the room their dad was in.

Kurt walked into the room, grabbing his sisters hand as he neared the bed where a motionless Burt Hummel was asleep.Kurt carefully grabbed his father's hand, a tear escaping from his grey eyes as he did so.

"Can you hear me?" He whispered, his voice breaking at the end of the sentence. "If you can hear me... squeeze my hand. I'm holding yours right now... Just squeeze back.... Come on dad"

"Just sqeeze my hand"

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅ ──

After doubting for a few hours, Florence decided to go to the football game she had been invited to earlier. She thought it would be nice to have a distraction from the constant stress she had been in for hours now. She had asked Kurt if he wanted to come with her, but he politely declined, saying he was going to do some research on acupuncture instead.

The doorbell rang and Florence paused her Gilmore Girls DVD. As she grabbed her bag from the floor, she waved her brother goodbye before opening the door and stepping into the cold. Mike's black car was parked on the driveway of the Hummel house. One of the back doors flew open and Florence quickly got in, slightly shivering from the cold.