Chapter 7: The emergency

"About 250 years ago my coven banished me and stripped me of my magic because I fell in love with a human. Desperately I wanted my magic back. I broke his heart and I spiraled until I discovered the Darkhold." You began your story.

    "The Darkhold?" He asked.

    "A book on dark magic, I didn't know it was dark magic at the time though. A god sold it to me and I go carried away and I made mistakes and eventually I got caught."

    "Tell me about your human friend." He attempted to change the topic.

    "He was quiet. Wouldn't talk to anyone. Until one day, I made conversation with him at the market. He offered to deliver my grocceries to me and from there we got to know each other. He made me feel special, he was the first person to love me, to make me feel like I was worth something."

    "Wow, I've never had that." He whispered in response.

    "Well you are still young," you reminded him.

     "Humans don't live forever," he reminded you.

    "Thats a shame." You sighed unitentionally.

"I wish animals lived forever," Bucky shifts the topic.

"What animal would you want to get if they could live forever?" You asked, swiping away corruption from his darkened mind.

"A goat," he grinned.

"A goat?" You repeated, your eyebrow quirked and you stopped what you were doing.

"Yes, they're adorable and fluffy." He told you.

     "That they are," you agreed. It was nice seeing his emotions which he usually kept guarded by his blank stares. You noticed he didn't act this happy with others.

*

"My favorite season is in a few days!" You exclaimed and handed Bucky a mug of hot chocolate.

     "Winter is your favorite season?" He chuckled.

     "Of course, its so cold and I love giving presents!" You told him.

     "Are you getting me a present?" He asked.

     "Maybe, when do you have to return the arm to Shuri?" You gestured to the hunk of metal protruding off the side of his muscular body.

"Tomorrow, she's trusting the both of us with it." He told you.

"Promise you won't go crazy," you asked him.

"I promise," he stuck his pinky finger out. You wrapped your pinky around his and you both shook your fists in unison.

"Good, because I don't want to deal with that."You laughed and sat down besides him.

"Me neither," he laughed and sipped the hot chocolate. He grinned a cheesy smile but it soon faded. His kimono beads flashed a bright blue light then again thrice more.

     "I have to go," his voice was overflowing with panic. He set down the half-drunken hot chocolate.

     "Wait what?" You stood up and grabbed his arm, the cool metal sending a shock through your system.

     "It's an emergency, stay here. Do not get hurt, please." He added.

     "Um ok," you nodded and released your grip on his arm.

     "It will be ok, promise." He stuck out his pinky once more.

     "I trust you," you couldn't believe those words came out of your mouth. You didn't trust anyone.

      "Bye," he whispered and rushed out the door, struggling to put his jacket on.

    He didn't return for another three days. Those days were torture. You were so bored without his company.

*

For PwettyLouis  ,hope your cramps feel better, darling

For PwettyLouis ,hope your cramps feel better, darling.

Oli <3