Ice and the Price

Eleven years fly by faster than Gale's air mail, and a new day starts in Arendelle as the rising sun shines through Heidi's bedroom window. A beam of sunlight shines through a water glass on the nightstand next to her bed, concentrating the light onto her eyes. A sleeping Heidi squints her shut eyes in discomfort and rolls to the other side facing the wall. Then a knock comes from outside her bedroom door. "Princess Heidi, it's almost noon, time to get up." one of the castle's female staff called from outside her door. 

Heidi rolls to lay flat on her back and groans in annoyance and exhaustion as she lays still for a few seconds before getting up. Heidi pulls off the covers and walks over to her dressing table and pours water from her water pitcher into her wash bowl on the table. She splashes water on her face and grabs a towel to dry off. She lowers the towel away from her face and looks at her reflection in the mirror revealing a sixteen-year-old Heidi. 

Heidi stares at herself in the mirror for a second then blows a raspberry at her reflection and ruffles her hair. Still tired, she walks over to her large wardrobe against the wall and picks out her clothes for the day. Heidi prefers to wear trousers rather than dresses and sleeve shirts rather than a royal bodice. Heidi likes to wear clothes that are traditional from the Northuldran heritage and her father's commoner style rather than her mother's royal customs. She wears a plain bodice over top of her green wool shirt with a decorative wrap around her waist and a long skirt that has slits on both sides of her legs. She also likes to roll the sleeves up on her wool shirts because she says it gives her more freedom and is more comfortable to wear than long sleeves and royal dresses.

Heidi has always been rough around the edges by nature, even without her brother's influence on her as it has become more noticeable as she aged. She has never been the one to play the part of royalty, even though it is expected of her. She will dress formally, but only when important guests visit the kingdom or during parties and social events. 

Even though she is still young, Heidi has already surpassed Anna's height by both head and shoulders by a few inches. She is also is built bigger, has broader shoulders, more muscular, and even has a deeper voice than her mother. Even Heidi's personality between her and her mother has grown more different over time as Heidi mirrors more of Kristoff and Elsa rather than Anna, whereas Joseff is more like his mother in more ways than his father. 

Even Joseff has started to show minor differences between himself and his father. When Joseff was a young child, he had Kristoff's golden hair, but over the years, his hair has developed a copper tint to it. And his nose is large like his father's but the end of his nose points outward slightly, a trait that comes from his mother and grandfather. And like his mother, he is more talkative and sociable than his father and can always make a crowd laugh. 

Over time, he has become quite the lady's man around the kingdom and he has been deemed the most eligible bachelor in all of Arendelle. He would often take afternoon walks around the town plaza and would stroll into a group of young women and start 'flirting' with them, to which Heidi had always found annoying and inappropriate (especially for a Prince).

The theory of children being exact copies of their parents that they portray as is not always true, but that doesn't mean they are completely different. Both Heidi and Joseff are practically spitting images of their parents with only small differences portraying the opposite parent, but anyone can tell who they belong to just by their faces.