Chapter 5

"I'm unstoppable" I repeated back to the voice. Everything changed with that new information, and I wish it was for the better. Something awoke inside of me that I never felt in the past, a desire for more power. "If I unintentionally took away the powers of mermaids just by talking to them, imagine what I could do intentionally ."

Imagine what you could do the the gods Percy, think about it. You'd be immortal, and you could make sure they did no wrong anymore. Think about what they do to you and your family, to the other demigods. The gods, they were born with the power they have, they don't deserve it, but you? You've sacrificed who you love most for power you didn't even want, it's no use wasting it, and if anyone deserves it, it's you.

The voice had reason for it, but I was too scared to listen to it at that time. I was angry at the gods for sure, but I didn't feel the rage to strip them of their powers.

Yet, a part of me wanted to see them powerless.

A part of me wanted to see the power drained from their body.

A part of me wanted to see them suffer in the mortal world, like demigods do. Abandoned, having to fend for themselves.

It'd break them, and a part of me wanted to make that happen.

But that was only a part of me, I wasn't ready to take that away from them.

So I pushed down that feeling, that anger towards the gods, and focused on getting stronger and getting more control over my powers instead. I practiced in the walls of the moon pool, taking apart the crystals behind the wall, that undoubtedly were the source of Mako's power. With each crystal I knew power out of, the more II was getting more power. But I was getting hungry for power too, and so was the voice it seemed.

I even managed to not lose control for a while, but that was short-lived. 

You see, I was fine when I was alone, but whenever people came to see me- to 'try to help me'- my anger grew. 

Apollo was the cause of that one day. It was at least a week after my incident with Mimi, Ondina, and Zac. I was taking a swim around Mako with my new tail (it was a mixture of light blue and orange, probably representative of the powers I took from both Zac and Mimi) when the god decided to pay me a little visit. 

AN: 

Ok, so you may have noticed that this chapter feels a little incomplete- that's because, plain and simple, it is. I made a mistake offering a third book to this series, because I'm just not in this fandom anymore, as well as I'm just bored of this series.

You could all probably tell this from the lack of updates and length to the chapters.

So I regret to inform you all that this book, from here on out, will not be continuing.

However, I actually had a plot in mind for the book, and had already left hints at later plot points; and I don't want to leave you all stranded when the conflict had already started, so I will be publishing my chapter-by-chapter plan below this AN for what I wanted to happen.

The series was going to get closure, and a fairly happy ending to it, and I still want to give that to you all, so here is the plan of chapter 5 onwards: