Chapter 2

Chapter 2

That feeling of weightlessness, of falling, is what woke me up. Ive been having that same dream for over two months now. Running down that street with that knife in my hand. Ally trying to say something, but not knowing what. At first it was terrifying, but ive gotten used to it now. I rolled over to look at my alarm clock. 6:45. I sprung out of bed and walked to my bathroom. I jumped in the shower and let the warm water rush over me. For a guy, I care about my appearance a lot. I try to always get my hair to look tidy, but it just wont happen. Im average height, average weight, Im not great looking, but im not hideous either. Theres nothing special about me. I got out of the shower, dried off, and put on jeans and a t-shirt. As I was lacing up my sneakers my doorbell rang. I glanced up at my clock. 7:15, "Right on time" I chuckled to myself. I walked down the stairs and grabbed my backpack on the way out of the door.

 I walked right past DJ and Ally without saying a word. Of course, they hopped off my porch and followed me. "Same dream again?" DJ asked. "Yup." I replied. After that there was a long silence. " You should probably see someone for that. Im serious." Ally said. Typical Ally. She wanted to be a doctor, and naturally, she thought she knew everything about everything. She was a straight-a student, and DJ and I always teased her. But dispite  her freakish intellegence, she had no problem getting guys to pay attention to her. With her perfectly straight brown hair and blue eyes, she was a serious contender for the prettiest girl in our school. DJ on the other hand, was a complete mess. He was failing pretty much every subject in school, and was just trying to scrape together enough points to graduate. He never combed his mass of curly hair, and he was to shy to talk to any girls anyway. We made a right, onto Freedman Street, and I stopped dead. "Whats wrong with you?" Ally asked, seeing my shocked expression. At first, I wasn't sure why I had stopped, but then it hit me. "Th-this," I stammered "This is the street from my dream!" Both DJ and Ally looked at me. "What?" DJ asked. "The dream!" I replied. "Im always running down this street! And I stop right here, and then I turn around. And everyones always right there!" I said, pointing. "And then Ally, you walk up to me, but then the wind comes you know? And pushes me off the edge. And thats the end..."  I stood there for a while, flashes of the dream coming and going. It must have been five minutes before Ally finally said "Right...well we should get to school or were going to be late."  "Right" I agreed. So we set off down the street. But every two minutes or so, my dream kept flashing before my eyes. I would see Ally, with the Look of Dissapointment. Slowly approaching me. Then I would see the mass of people in the street. All of them with the same look. I could feel the wind rushing past me, howling in my ears. And then I looked down. The blood was there. It was everywhere. On my shirt, hands. And the knife. Stuck in my hand. Slowly I raised it towards DJ. I couldnt control myself, my arm wouldnt respond. "DJ move!" I screamed. I slumped to the ground in my efforts to stop myself. The knife kept inching closer and closer to his back. Suddenly, everything around my exploded into a white light.

The next thing I knew I was on my  back, staring up at DJ and Ally. "What...what happened?" I asked. They both looked at each other. "Well...uh" DJ began. " You screamed at DJ to move and then you fainted. Youve been out for about ten minutes. Making us late to school thank you very much." Ally finished. They helped me back up to my feet. Thankfully, all was normal again. "Hey uh.. can we take a new street to school from now on?" I said. "But any other way and well be late every day!" Ally compained. DJ shot her a look. " Sure man. Sure we can." They helped me up, and we hurried to school. We rushed through the front doors, almost spriting to Biology class. "At least Mr. Greene loves Skylar." Ally said. "Maybe he will forgive us for being late." We finally reached the south wing, and I ripped open the door. "Sorry Mr. Greene we-" I started. But standing in front of us were two police officers and the school prinicpal, Mrs. Satowski. "Where's Mr. Greene...?" DJ asked slowly. "Kids..." Principal Satowski said. "There's been an...accident. Mr. Greene is dead."