The Realms

'A Realm' is a term designating a world: more specifically, a plane of existence. The model of our Realms is a triple layered one, with the center one being the one we live on, the upper one the End, and the lowest one the Nether.

The End

The End is a dark pit, devoid of any life. Cold islands dot the sea of void, covered in the unknown foe of the name 'Enderman'. Many theories have been made on their origins, the most believable of all being one made by Matt 'Matpat' Patrick, to be seen in his book titled 'An Up To Date Manual On Theories Of The Pockets'. Abandoned cities are scattered all over it, filled with treasures beyond the wildest dreams of any explorer to set foot in them. However, these cities have a guardian.

A huge beast of black, it swoops through the air, crystals of regeneration held up by hulking dark towers of obsidian healing it as it flies past. It spits lasting fires of deep purple, remaining in suspension in the air until the biting wind of the End whisks them away. It is called the Ender Dragon.

The End is accessed via The End Stronghold, a complex structure buried deep undergound. There exists one in each Pocket, each holding hundreds of years of architectural knowledge: a large library is found in each, filled with books detailing events of past eras. But a jewel rests within these: the End Portal.

It is in a guarded room: upon setting foot within it, a trap goes off, lighting a spawner. Silverfish flood out of it. Upon defeating these monsters, you may observe the portal itself.

Set above a pool of bubbling lava, a square of End Portals. These have been examined by scientists as much as is possible - each one is sealed to the others, and entirely immobile - and they have discovered two things: Firstly, the materials which make it up are Endstone and something warped, something unrecognizable. Secondly, they are ancient. They date even later than the architecture found surrounding them, indicating that the Stronghold was built around them and not vice-versa.

The easiest way to find these is Ender Pearls. Or, rather, Eyes of Ender. These are made from the eyes of Endermen, an entity that roams the lands when neither rain nor rivers stop it, and the powder of a Blaze Rod, retrieved from a flying demon in the Nether. When thrown, these have a form of magnetic function, going towards the Stronghold. They stop a dozen meters from the location they have been thrown from, and either fall to the ground or pop.

The Nether

The Nether is the warmest of all Realms, landscapes of bubbling lava lakes and floating islands dispersed all across it. It's inhabitants, the Piglins, are hostile, but gold appeases their rage long enough to observe them.

They are hulking beasts, averaging almost twice as tall as a regular human. Their tusks and claws are decorated with intricately carved golden rings, and their weapons known as instruments of death all across the realms. However, their danger does not come from crafted items, but themselves. They have enough strength within their arms to break full blocks of bricks within them, and can withstand significant amounts of force.

The Nether holds riches never seen before: Netherian gold, Netherite, and Quartz. Netherian gold is known for its incredible malleability, and shine once melted into the desired shapes. Quartz is a precious material, traditionally used to make tiles and government buildings. But the real rarity comes from Netherite.

Buried deep within the blood-red stone of the world exists heavy metal named Ancient Debris. When smelted, it gives Netherite scraps which, when mixed with gold, give you a unique type of metal. Entirely immune to lava and fire, it shines with the brightness of the ever-burning fires within the Nether. Few complete sets of it exist, but those who own them are amongst the elite in terms of travels due to the Ancient Debris's rarity.

Realms are worlds of intense complexity. How they intersect and act upon each other is a mystery, but one thing is sure about them: they'll never be entirely explored. Their maps are huge, as large as the maps of the Pockets. Many are still mapping them, and many have made history for attempting the task of mapping them.