Christmas and Lockets

Start from the beginning

Gryffindor cheers filled the cold air, with howls and moans from the Slytherins.

"Slytherin in possession," Lee Jordan was saying. "Chaser Pucey ducks two Bludgers, two Weasleys, and Chaser Bell and speeds towards the – wait a moment – was that the Snitch?"

A murmur ran through the crowd as Adrian Pucey dropped the Quaffle, too busy looking over his shoulder at the flash of gold that had passed his left ear

Harry saw it. In a great rush of excitement, he dived downwards after the streak of gold. Slytherin Seeker Terence Higgs had seen it, too.

Harry was faster than Higgs and was about to catch it when Marcus Flint had blocked Harry on purpose and the Gryffindor's broom span off course, Harry holding on to his nimbus 2000 for dear life.

Madam Hooch spoke angrily to Flint and then ordered a free shot at the goalposts for Gryffindor. But in all the confusion, of course, the Golden Snitch had disappeared from sight again.

Lee Jordan was finding it difficult not to take sides.

"So – after that obvious and disgusting bit of cheating – "

"Jordan!" growled Professor McGonagall.

"I mean, after that open and revolting foul – "

"Jordan, I'm warning you – "

"All right, all right. Flint nearly kills the Gryffindor Seeker, which could happen to anyone, I'm sure, so a penalty to Gryffindor, taken by Potter, who puts it away, no trouble, and we continue to play, Gryffindor still in possession."

Harry spotted the snitch again and he went after her until his broom started to go out of control. He couldn't turn it. He couldn't direct it at all. It was zig-zagging through the air and every now and then making violent swishing movements which almost unseated him. Lee was still commentating.

"Slytherin in possession – Flint with the Quaffle – passes Potter– passes Bell – he was hit hard in the face by a Bludger, hope it broke his nose – only joking, Professor – Slytherin score – oh no ..."

The Slytherins were cheering. No one seemed to have noticed that Harry's broom was behaving strangely. It was carrying him slowly higher, away from the game.

"It's Snape. Look at him" Hermione was in the middle of the stands opposite them. He had his eyes fixed on Harry and was muttering non-stop under his breath.

"What should we do?" Rigel asked.

"Leave it to me," Hermione said and she left. Ron and Rigel looked at each other with confusion written all over on their faces but, she already left, so they shrugged.

"Come on, Hermione" Rigel muttered desperately.

Two minutes later Rigel could hear the professors screaming that Snape was on fire. He looked back to Harry who now could fly as God intended. He was about to catch the snitch when he fell to the ground. Rigel watched with slight concern as he stood up and looked like he wanted to vomit. Then the snitch popped out of his mouth. – Gryffindor had won by one hundred and seventy points to sixty.

One Friday night Eliza, Harry, Hermione, Rigel, and Ron were all sitting in the common room. Ron and Harry were trying to finish an essay due in for the following day, Hermione was reading her Charms textbook, Rigel was reading one of his family books and Eliza was simply gazing out of the window worrying about the impending Christmas holidays. They were disturbed when Professor McGonagall, who Eliza didn't even realize was in the common room, approach their table.

"Would any of you four like to stay at Hogwarts for the Christmas holidays?" She asked, Harry and Eliza, looked at each other and then at their Head of House,