Chapter 7 - Welcome to Morariel

Start from the beginning

Lillith put her hands on her hips.

"Where is my luggage, Crane?"

"In the carriage."

"And what am I supposed to wear?"

"I don't have time to deal with you, Lillith."

"But-"

"Are you daft, Moriarty? I said, I don't have time for your nonsense," he barked, dipping his quill into an ink. He started furiously scribbling onto a piece of parchment, unaffected by her presence.

The witch scoffed, pushing her tongue against the flesh of her cheek.

"Fine!"

If she didn't have anything to wear, then he won't either.

The witch started throwing things out of the wizard's wardrobe, creating a pile of clothes scattered across the floor. She ripped everything that came under her hand and tossed it onto the carpet.

"Can you stop?"

"Stop what?"

"The fucking noise!"

"No."

Thomas set his quill down in an aggressive motion and rose from his seat.

"Lillith!"

His fingers circled around her arm in a painful grip, squeezing it just enough to imprint the shape of his fingers into her skin.

"What is wrong with you woman?" he growled, dragging her from the wardrobe.

"Are you going to bring me something decent to wear?"

"I have no time to care about your stupid bags!"

"Fine. Then you won't have anything either."

Tom's eyebrows pulled together in confusion.

"What?"

With that, all his clothes got engulfed in fire and his eyes widened.

"You stupid little girl!"

He let go of her and threw a blanket across the fire in an attempt to put it down. Lillith watched him from afar, satisfied at the sight.

Absolute rage took over his features and his marine eyes darkened, turning pitch black in a matter of seconds. Never in his life, had he encountered a more aggravating witch than Lillith Moriarty and Thomas Crane swore he could murder her right there on the spot.

The vivid imagination of her lifeless body suddenly seemed more appealing than ever.

In the heated moment, Tom grabbed her by the throat and slammed her against the wall, pressing himself against her to restrain her from any move.

"Isn't this familiar?" Lillith grinned, choking on her own saliva.

"I don't think you understand who you are dealing with."

"I think I do."

Tom shook his head.

"You are an insufferable being, Moriarty."

"It's Verity, actually."

"What is going on for Satan's sake?"

Tom let go of Lillith just as his uncle entered the room, swooshing the air to disperse the ashes.

"Has your fiancee already set you on fire Tom?"

Galadriel taunted from behind him with a provocative smile, accidentally bumping his elbow into Anthony's side.