Gaara was silent, not bothering to respond as he approached the window, taking in the scenery.

"Naruto..." He turned from the window, slowly approaching me. Gaara stopped at the base of my bed.

"Out with it." I folded my arms over my chest stubbornly.

"You're dying." I rolled my eyes.

"No shit Sherlock. Now what did you reallllly come here for?"

He sighed.

"I guess I should start from the beginning..."

-----------------------

Flashback in Gaara of the funk's POV:

News of Naruto's illness has spread to nearly every corner of the map, save for some of the small, isolated villages.

The sun was shielded behind the dense clouds, and the leaves of the trees fell to the damp earth.

All the Kage's were to meet in the Land of Fire for an emergency meeting requested from the Hokage.

My best Ambu, and my siblings trailed behind me as we traveled at a rather brisk sprint to the meeting point. It took roughly two days to travel.

-------------------

As we arrived, a careless ninja, who was associated with the Hidden Cloud Village, approached us.

On instinct, my Ambu guards moved to attack the shinobi, but I hurriedly waved them down. The male collapsed into the ground in relief.

Not giving him a second glance, I motioned for us to enter.

Inside the building, the walls were built from a strong metal and the floors were marble, they looked as if the have never seen the light of day.

In the center of the room, the Kage's sat around the oak table.

Onoki, the third Tsuchikage, was absent, and in his place was a young woman. She appeared to be a little older than me.

I sat near Tsunade, the fifth Hokage, and the table went silent.

The young woman stood and bowed her head.

"My name is Kurotsuchi. As of now, I am the new Tsuchikage. Onoki has retired and nominated me to take his place." Kurotsuchi smoothed her robe and returned to her sitting position.

"Ha!" A, the fourth Raikage, let out a hearty laugh. "The old fart finally retired, huh?" Kurotsuchi glared at him for a moment.

"Don't insult Onoki-San." He laughed again, not bothering to respond further.

Tsunade-sama stood and everyone turned silent.

"I'm sure that you've heard of Naruto's... Condition."

"Of course we have, what of it?" A interupted.

Tsunade tapped her nails impatiently against the wooden table. A seemed to have received the message and slouched stubbornly in his seat.

Tsunade cleared her throat.

"As I was saying before I was interrupted..." The Hokage glared at A. "Naruto is dying.

"In response to that, we've received information that an unknown group has been assembling members. Our hypothesis is that they believe the Allied Shinobi Nation is weak now that Naruto is out of the picture, and want to overthrow the Hidden Villages."

Everyone, save for myself, burst into discussion.

The newly appointed Tsuchikage stood.

"Is this for certain, Tsunade-sama?" Tsunade collapsed into her seat and intertwined her fingers and resting her chin.

"I'm afraid it is." A stood and slammed his fists into the table, effectively splitting it into pieces. Chunks of wood flew past our faces. A had a look of utter outrage on his face.

"I'll teach them to not underestimate us." He cracked his knuckles." Tsunade smirked and crushed the splinter she had caught in her palm earlier.

"I couldn't agree more."

Flashback END

-----------------------

XxXWeAsHumanXxX: Eh.... Here's Chapter 9! I don't own Naruto. I didn't put that up there (Points to beginning of the chapter), because people most likely wouldn't read what it had to say. Its important BTW.