Chapter 2 Lynxfeather

Lynxfeather opened an eye feeling a nice cool breeze in the warriors' den. She groomed her dark brown pelt and stretched. She looked down at her golden pelt sister. Vixenheart laid silently in rest. 

Lynxfeather stepped out of the warriors' den and looked over and saw Ebonysky talking to Deerantlers, Sappaw, and Haytail. "Good morning, Lynxfeather! Do you mind on going morning patrol with Deerantlers, Haytail, and Sappaw?" Lynxfeather nodded to Ebonysky.

Lynxfeather walked on the rocks with her pads nice and strong against them. "We should check what Iceclan has done," Deerantlers mewed as she jumped to another rock. Lynxfeather nodded. 

Lynxfeather nose filled with strong Iceclan scent. "Iceclan cats are here!" Sappaw gasped. Lynxfeather followed Sappaw's gaze. There, she saw Iceclan cats standing guard. "Why are they guarding here?"

"Probably to make sure Fireclan doesn't claim the territory back," Lynxfeather heart sank. Grassrocks was where Fireclan got most of their prey. "We need to get Grassrocks back, you know?" Haytail nodded. "Before leaf-bare."

"Come out, Fireclan." A cat hissed. It was a white tom with sharp yellow eyes. Lynxfeather seemed to shrink as she crawled out of the brush. Haytail's fur prickled and Deerantlers stayed calm. 

"What are you doing? Trying to take our territory?" The white tom growled. "Not much of you to say! You're the one who stole out territory!" Sappaw snapped. Deerantlers gave her apprentice a sharp glare. Sappaw shrank back.

Lynxfeather let her gaze follow over the cats. The white tom was Eggshell and the other cats were, Foxpaw Fogstreak,  Poppyweb, and a cat she haven't seen who was broad shoulder. "Who is that reddish fur cat?" Lynxfeather whispered to Haytail. Haytail flicked his orange tabby tail. "That's Hawkcry. He was once a rouge who stole our prey and now he's with Iceclan." He hissed.

Lynxfeather blinked at the tom who looked over at her. Her pelt felt hot and she looked away. "Fireclan cats what are you doing here?" Pebblestar, Iceclan's leader, walked through the cats. "Morning patrol," Deerantlers responded after a heartbeat of silence.

"You lost this territory, Fireclan. Now, leave." Pebblestar ordered. "You aren't our leader!" Lynxfeather protested. Haytail laid his tail in front of her mouth. "Lynxfeather!" He hissed. "Eggshell, show them what they get if they don't leave," 

The white tom crouched down and  smirked a growl. He pounced and landed on Sappaw. Sappaw gave a yowl. Lynxfeather gasped and dragged the white tom off Sappaw. She held Eggshell down at Haytail clung his claws into Eggshell's side. Deerantlers hissed at Pebblestar.

"Retreat, Eggshell." Pebblestar said calmly. Lynxfeather spit out white fur from her mouth. "Starclan will deal with you!" Deerantlers cried a hiss and ran off into the brush. Lynxfeather looked back at Deerantlers and back at the Iceclan cats. Hawkcry was looking at her and Lynxfeather hissed and followed Deerantlers.

"Did you check on Iceclan?" Ebonysky greeted them as they walked in through the rock walls guarding the clan. The morning patrol shared glances. "Iceclan took Grassrocks." Specklestar ran out of her den. "Grassrocks?" 

Cats looked up from their sharing tongues at the yowl of Specklestar. They all got up and murmured  questions. "Grassrocks?" Ivoryblaze gasped when she came out of the nursery with her kits.

"They attacked us. Well Eggshell did," Sappaw mewed shyly. "Why didn't you come for backup?" Ebonysky asked. 

"Eggshell only attacked for a few heartbeats and Pebblestar made him retreat," Haytail explained. Deerantlers looked at her paws. "We might starve this leaf-bare."

"No we can't!" Vixenheart protested. "We need to attack and take our territory back." Specklestar glared at Vixenheart. "Do you remember what happened last time?"

"I do," Doespots meowed. Cats put their heads together and started sharing meows. Ravenwing stood up. "I agree with Vixenheart. We can't starve. We need to show Iceclan who's boss." 

Specklestar opened her mouth to protest but then more cats stood up with Ravenwing. Lynxfeather stepped forward. "I will fight for Fireclan." Haytail nodded and said the same. Cats yowled in the air towards to Starclan. "We will fight for Fireclan!" They said louder for Starclan to hear.

"All of you stop!" Specklestar hissed. "We will not fight! We lost Robinnose and Beesong. I will not bare anymore."

"But Specklestar..." Ebonysky meowed. Specklestar glared at her deputy. Ebonysky shut her mouth quickly. Specklestar jumped up on StarRock. "For me being leader, I can't believe you all disrespected me," and she ran into her den.

Cats drooped their tails and Lynxfeather walked towards Vixenheart who sat in shame. "We tried," Lynxfeather meowed. Vixenheart glared her eyes at Lynxfeather. "It's all Starclan's fault." Vixenheart left Lynxfeather in the clearing with no other cat. All the cats already were back in their den and they all smelt of shame. 

Morningjay walked out of the medicine den and sat next to Lynxfeather. "Starclan did this for a reason, Lynxfeather," She whispered. Lynxfeather looked at Morningjay. "To kill us." Morningjay mouth opened. "No! They would never to do that." Lynxfeather shook her head. "Morningjay, I thank you for the comfort but just leave me alone." and Lynxfeather ran out of the entrance of the clan. 

Lynxfeather ran far as she could to get away from the entrance. She skidded to a stop and took in heavy breaths. She looked back at where the clan was. "Fireclan may die alone." She whispered to Starclan. Lynxfeather walked on through rocks and narrow hills. Then Lynxfeather stopped as she heard a rustle. I'm by Grassrocks! 

"What are you doing here?"  A hiss came from a nearby bush. "Who is there?" Lynxdfeather asked.

The cat showed its self. It was the reddish fur tom. Lynxfeather gasped. "Why are you on Fireclan's territory?" 

"Why are you by Iceclan's territory?" The tom replied. Lynxfeather growled. "I left my clan for a little walk and then you came." The cat smirked. "Well I'm Hawkcry." Lynxfeaher laid her ears down on her head. "I know," 

"Aren't you going to introduce yourself?" Lynxfeather stepped forwards. "I am Lynxfeather." and she whisked around with her back to him. "Now may I leave?"

She could feel the tom's gaze lay on her with interest. "Maybe. But I am on Fireclan's territory 'cause I am looking for a she-cat." Lynxfeather looked at his beautiful brown gaze. Her heart melted like fire melted ice. 

"What she-cat? There's a lot of she-cats you know?" Hawkcry gave a mrrow of laughter. "Well I know she's in Fireclan. She has a golden pelt." Lynxfeather thought back to the cats in Fireclan who had a golden pelt. "Specklestar? She has a tan pelt that is like golden." Hawkcry shook his head. "No not her,"

Lynxfeather thought again. Vixenheart! "Vixenheart?" Hawkcry's ears pricked. "That's her!" But why Vixenheart? "What do you have to do with her?"

"I found an interest in her." Lynxfeather's heart sank. This Iceclan tom has an interest in my sister. Isn't that breaking the warrior code? 

"An interest? Like what kind?" Lynxfeather asked. Hawkcry looked at her green eyes. "You wouldn't understand, Lynxfeather. But I think I'm in love with Vixenheart."

1177 words for ya guys! lords oh mighty. Luv ya and I like to thank everyone who has been supporting me ^-^ and thanks to Spring_June who dedicated one of her chapters in one of her books to me! You should read her books. They're amazing <333