He opened his mouth, "Actually, I was waiting for right time."

But I recalled something and blurted out, "Right time? Really Karan? When mom asked you to explain,  didn't you say mom that time?

'Mom, why do I need to explain her? Didn't she know from starting why I married to her? Now, grandma is not between us. What is use of this marriage?' "

He looked at me with shocked and asked, "How .. how did you know it? Did mom tell you?"

I looked at him with teary eyes and said, "Karan, that time I was on phone call. It was me who asked mom to ask you. I read those but I didn't believe. I was waiting for your explanation. But what I got to hear?.....I know you blamed me for not telling you about grandma's health. But... That time... She stopped us... I wanted to tell you.... But...."

This time, he wiped my tears carefully and said with taking deep breath, "Kavya, I never blamed you. I knew why grandma didn't let all of you tell to me.  Do you remember? I went to business trip before her death. There was some problem that's why I had to go urgently. Grandma knew about it. I wanted to finish work there and came back soon but I stuck. She knew how much I was facing difficulty that's why she didn't want to disturb me. I could understand. That's why I never blame.

And about those news.... After grandma's death, the company was in mess. Someone linked company's secret to company's competitors. I was busy to handling those matters. That person was my trusted person but I didn't know till then. It was the reason Shlok decided to join company against his willing.

Even, I got threatened calls many time. I ensured mom and Shlok's security. And for you, you were your parents house. I knew Karthik would ensure your security. Then I got to know about those news. I wanted to give clarification but then I thought something else.

If I didn't give clarification, then my enemies never gets to know you are important to me. You were safe there.

When mom asked me for explanation that time, I lied because I needed to some time to clear the mess. I knew mom was with your touch. I didn't want you to worry or get hurt.

But when I  solved the company problem and mess. When I was going to take you back and personally gave you clarification, your brother gave me divorce papers and told ......

I thought you would happy without me. You found someone else who you like. In last those years, I wanted to meet you and know you how was you doing? But I have not courage to see you with anybody else. I knew mom was in touch with you but I never courage to ask her about you.

But when I met you again after many years and got to know you are single. I want to be with you. Because I love you. Kavya, if you think I am behind those shares, we will not have any child in future. We have Aahan, I will give all my love and affection to him, okay? " I didn't courage to look to him when I heard it.

He took deep breath and asked with hestitation, "Kavya..... Kavya.... I knew  you would not cheat on me. Did... Did something happen.........?"

But when I understood what he wanted to say, I looked at him and asked, "Karan, why are you asking it? Is something happened what I didn't know?"

He told with hestitate, "Actually, Shifali was kidnapped and they tried to threatened me because of those rumours. I saved her because She was kidnapped because of me. That's the reason I didn't contact you that period because I was afraid they would hurt you. And my suspicions was right when they kidnapped her. But if they ....." He clenched his fit.

I understood what he wanted to say. I looked down and bit my lips. I opened my mouth, "Karan, Actually, I lied you."

Karan asked, "What lie?"

I opened and closed my mouth many times and thought how to tell him. I took deep breath and closed my eyes, "He is your son."

There was silence between us. I was waiting for his shouting and anger but when I heard nothing.

I opened my eyes and looked towards him, "Karan?"

He was looking at me with his widened eyes but I couldn't read any emotion on his face. I was more scared to look him like it.

He opened his mouth, "What did you say?"

I bit my lips and told him, "I was waiting for you. I was worried that you were angry on me that's why you didn't contact me or call me. I thought you were already sad because of grandma's death and you needed space to think. That's why I didn't disturb you. Then I got to know I was pregnant. I was happy. I wanted to share good news with you.

But I got to know about news. I was expecting you to give clarification but your side was silent. I got scared. I called mom and asked about you. She told me you was sad because of grandma's death that's why you needed time to think. But I was scared and worried that you also wanted to divorce me. I insisted mom to ask you but when you said those words, my world shattered.

You wanted to divorce me and that baby..... I didn't want you to be with me because of baby and any pressure. You already married me because of pressure. I wanted to your happiness because I promised to grandma. Her last wish was your happiness.

That's why I told Karthik to lie you. Karthik wanted to tell you truth but I stopped him.

Karan, it was not anybody else fault....  But my fault. If I knew you don't want to give me divorce or marry her, I didn't...."

I looked at him and his face was emotionless. He asked with anger, "Mom also knew it and shlok?"

I shook my head, "Mom didn't know in starting. But she believed that I couldn't cheat on you that's why she insisted me to tell her truth. When I couldn't take more pressure from her, I told her truth but convinced her not to tell you. And shlok.... He got to know few months ago. When we met again."

He closed his eyes and took deep breath to calm down himself, "Where is he?"

I knew who he was asking. I told him, "He is with my parents and Karthik."

He stood up and said, "Let's go." He took steps towards door.

I stood up and tried to stop him, "Karan, it's already late. When we will reach there, he would be sleep. Why.... Why don't we go tomorrow?"

He looked at me with glaring eyes, "Kavya, you already hid him from me so many years. I already missed his many years. And you want me to wait more. Everybody knows about him except me."

I lowered my eyes and said, "Sorry." I knew it's my fault. If I didn't take that decision that time because of my anger. Or if I talked him. But there was not 'if'.

We came to parking lot. After sitting in car, Karan drove the car. There was silence between us. During drive, I peeked him many times, but his face was without expression. I didn't know what he was thinking. I knew he was blaming me for hiding from him. He was angry on me. But this time, I decided to stay with him at any cost. If he hate me for it, I was ready to face for his hatred.