Chapter 54

He took me to elevator and we went to VIP suite. He closed the door and there was silence between us. He poured water in two glasses and one gave to me, "Let's sit and talk."

I denied to take glass because I wasn't mood to do anything except talk. But I sat on couch. He sat beside me and drank water slowly.

After drinking, he put the glass on table and took deep breath, "Kavya, do you also think? Am I the person who is behind power and money? I want to be with you because of those shares?"

I felt sadness into his voice but I refused to think much. I said angrily, "Is it not true? Then what is true? Karan, I can understand you married me because of illness of grandma. You were forced. But after her death and our divorce, you had chance to be with her. There was nobody who could stop you. But why didn't you marry her? Don't tell me you didn't like her? You clearly told me that I have.... No chance with you. You wanted to marry her.

But you didn't marry her because of those shares. Is those shares important than your happiness?"

He didn't reply but laughed mockingly, "so you also think it. I am heartless.... I am selfish."

He put his both hands on my both shoulders and turned my face towards him.  He said with grited his teeth, "If I want those shares, then why I waited for those many years? Why did I sign on divorce paper back then?  We were married then. And you were pregnant. If we didn't tell anybody, nobody knows he is not my child. Then couldn't I claim those shares easily?"

I was speechless after hearing it. I know what he was saying those words are not only words. But it was truth. That was easy solution than wait for so many years. I opened my mouth, "then?"

He left my shoulders and ran his fingers into his hairs, "Then I fall in love with you."

Boom.... My mind and heart both blocked from everything else.

He chuckled mockingly, "Do you imagine, Kavya? Before marriage, I always thought Shifali was best for my wife. We had understanding between us. I didn't understand why grandma didn't like her. I planned everything that after divorce, I would marry her.

But everything changed after marriage. I realised you are not like your brother told me about you. I was angry on your brother but when I got to know. I didn't know when I started to have feeling for you. In starting it was sympathy but slowly my feelings changed for you. I know you don't love me but I couldn't control my feelings for you.

Do you think it was grandma idea to send us on second honeymoon? No, it was me. I knew our first honeymoon was not honeymoon but a trip for us. That's why I asked grandma. I know it was wrong for you. But you were my wife. I thought everything was fine. We were already married and nobody could separate us. I knew you didn't have any feeling for me but I was selfish. I didn't care. I only wanted to be with you. I wanted to spend my life with you. If you were with me, nothing was matter for me.

But later, everything was changed after grandma's death. Do you know how much I was scared when I saw divorce paper? I didn't want to sign those paper. I wanted to keep you my side. But when your brother told me you love another man and you were....

Kavya, didn't you feel anything towards me during our marriage?" There was hurt into his voice.

My tears were flowing from my eyes. His every words like knife on my heart.

When he looked towards me, I had no dare to meet his eyes. I wiped my tears from my hands and asked shaking voice, "Then why didn't you clear anything when there were in newspapers and news channels that you were going to divorce and marry her?"