𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 & 𝐕𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞- 𝐃𝐮𝐚 𝐋𝐢𝐩𝐚

Start from the beginning

This was the moment that would change me forever. I made a promise to my dad that I would find the family responsible for his death and I wouldn't stop until I did. If that's the last thing I would do I was going to make sure we'd get justice one way or another.

_________________________________________

**Time Skip 3 Years**

I was sitting on my balcony overlooking the ocean like I did every morning while I had my breakfast. Today was the anniversary of my father's death and it was always a somber day in my family. Being the one that held him while he took his last breath scarred me for life.

I'll never forget the look on my mother's face when I came home that night still covered in the blood of the man she loved. It was an image that was burned into my brain. The screams and sobs she let out haunted me in my dreams.

Some people said this is what we signed up for. But in my opinion that was the furthest from the truth, this was the life we were born into.

We were a mafia family all thanks to my great grandfather. He was born in Africo, Italy, or Africo Vecchio as it is now known. Was a small, poor village. His family survived by being sheep farmers.

But he grew tired of making next to nothing in the small village so he decided to take the few things he owned and made the journey to Sicily where the true roots of our family would come from. During prohibition, he was the biggest distributor of alcohol in Italy.

He began to grow his business from distributing alcohol to making and distributing heroin in and around Italy and eventually making its way to America.

After he got into the drug business he looked for his next venture and that was weapons distribution. Along with racketeering and getting paid to take out hits on politicians, law enforcement, and court officials. During that time he met my great grandmother and started their family having five children one of them being my Nonno Lorenzo who ended up taking over when my great grandfather died.

And it's been a thing ever since my dad took over when my Nonno got sick with cancer and when my dad took over he steered away from the drug business saying it wasn't something he wanted his hands in any longer.

We own a handful of huge successful casinos in Italy, Las Vegas, Dubai, and Monaco. We run various businesses from architecture to small restaurants. If you've walked around Sicily it's guaranteed you've walked into several of the businesses we own.

Growing up I thought having money was normal. That anyone could walk into a store and get the same item in every color the store had. Expensive foreign cars lined the driveway of the estate my dad bought for our family as a wedding present to my mom.

Housekeepers, butlers, gardeners, you name it we have it. But one thing my mom always has instilled in me and my siblings was just because we came from money not to let that get to our head. There were plenty of rich kids that acted like their shit don't stink and my mom refused to have kids that acted like that.

Being the oldest of my four siblings I had to be their example. I didn't leave shit around the house just because I knew someone would come behind me and clean it up. They were human beings too and didn't deserve to be treated any less than how I'd expect to be treated.