09: We Get Caught Spying

Alrighty my lovelies! We have decided on a ship name....

Drum roll please....

PERCELLA!!!

I personally love the name, thank you to @brooklynredden1 for suggesting it!

Now, onto the chapter.
**********
I couldn't think. I couldn't speak. I could only kiss him back.

And of course, the first thing that popped into my mind was, "What will my mother think?"

"No. You are not your mother. You are Isabella Covelli, she is Artemis. You aren't her." Was what I tried to tell myself.

"But she'll be so disappointed." Another part of me said.

No. This is about me.

And so, I kissed him back.

When we pulled away, i saw a look of awe on Percy's face. Then his face fell.

"I-I'm sorry Bella." He said and looked down.

"Don't be. I loved it. Thank you for making me feel better." I said.

His face brightened.

"Cmon. It's late. We should get to sleep." he said and walked me to my cabin.

"Night Percy." I said and kissed his cheek.

"Night Bella." He said and walked away.

I flopped down on my bed and fell asleep, but it wasn't a good night sleep, naturally.
**********
I was dreaming, and I was in a cave.

I turned around, only to see my mother, struggling under the weight of something.

I wanted to cry out. I wanted to get her and bring her back with me immediately. But I couldn't.

"Ah yes, little goddess. I have a feeling your daughter is coming for you. Then, I'll have her killed immediately, right in front of you! Now if that doesn't kill you, I don't know what will. Well, actually I do. Nevermind." I heard a man call out.

I screeched, but he couldn't hear me. It's a dream.

"You will n-never get her." My mother said. Seeing her like this made me want to curl into a ball and just cry. She was weak. And crying.

"Keep hold of the sky. And soon, I'll have your daughter to replace you." He said.

And then the dream ended.
**********
I woke to tears on my face. And the Hunters were slowly and quietly leaving. I got up and got dressed.

I walked out of my cabin, only to run right into Percy

"We are following them on that quest." I said.

"I was just about to say the same thing." Percy said, smirking.

They were short 2 Hunters, apparently the Stolls played a prank on them, making them ineligible to go. We could be technically be there without breaking any rules.

They had already left before we could stop them.

"How do we catch up?" I asked.

"I have a way." Percy said.

Suddenly, a big black shadow covered us.

"Blackjack." I said, laughing.

"Yeah, cmon. We have to follow them before we lose them!" Percy said.

We started flying for, well, I couldn't keep track. But it was a long time.

That Zoë wouldn't stop for HOURS.

We were sitting on the back of a pegasus for that long.

When I thought that just jumping off started to seem like a better idea, I knew I was losing it.

The I noticed something.

"Percy. They stopped!" I exclaimed.

"Blackjack! The roof!" Percy commanded.

We were about to get off of Blackjack and think of a plan when we were entangled in vines. Grape vines.

"Percy. Mr. D!" I said.

"No Styx Sherlock." Percy said sarcastically.

"Ah. The 2 demigods that snuck out. Did you really think I wouldn't notice?" Mr. D said.

Percy was about to open his mouth when I slapped my hand over it. He has a tendency to say things, offensive things.

"No Mr. D. We didn't think about that." I said, sheepishly.

"Well, I'm just gonna let you go, after all, the prophecy says 2 are supposed to die anyway. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be you two." He said in a bored tone.

"Wow. Thanks." I said sarcastically with my hand still over Percy's mouth.

When Mr. D disappeared into a puff of purple smoke, Percy then decided it'd be fun to lick my hand.

"EW PERSEUS JACKSON YOU ARE DISGUSTING!" I shrieked, wiping my hand on my pants.

He grinned, then realized something.

"Bella, the van!"

"Styx!" I said. The van had been parked, and I'm assuming they were all inside.

"Cmon, lets go into the Natural History museum. Check for info." Percy said.

We walked over there and Percy decided it would be a good idea to check things out. He put on Annabeth's hat and walked into a room. I stood guard, with my bow and arrows ready, hidden in my necklace.

It was only a few minutes later that Percy burst out of the door.

"No time to explain. We have to go!" He said and we ran. We ran across the street to the Air and Space museum. We found the crew admiring a few statues.

It was Zoë who was first to find us.

"Bella?!" She screeched.

I sheepishly waved.

"And Percy." I said, gesturing to the air next to me.

Percy took off the hat.

And that's how we were caught "spying" on their quest.
**********