✧*̥˚ 22 *̥˚✧

Start from the beginning

Jennie had told Jisoo that she needed her father to reach out to her on his own accord for her to be able to give him a second chance, but now that he actually stood on her doorstep, looking so fucking small, Jennie wasn't sure what to feel.

There was ice in her stomach and an uncomfortable tightness in her chest. Her head was swimming and she desperately needed something to hold onto. She tried to pull herself together, breathing deeply and nodded at her father.

"I've got a minute." Slowly she stepped aside and let the man who was more a stranger than a father to her, inside.

"Thank you." He bowed his head slightly and got inside. Jennie guided him into the living room, motioning for him to sit where he wanted while she sat down on her favourite armchair, clawing her nails into the armrests.

She didn't bother showing him the house or offering him a cup of tea or something. She was far too overwhelmed by her anxiety for that.

"It's a nice house, Jen..." The older man looked around, eyes going to various picture frames, showing her and Ella through the years. Some of them held Jisoo and Rosie too.

"Thanks..."

"Jisoo got married?" His eyes lingered on their wedding photo that Jennie had displayed also.

"Yeah... five years ago... Rosie is great!" Jennie tried hard to make casual conversation. She watched her father's flitting eyes closely.

"So, no grandchildren for Jisoo's parents then, huh?" He tried to joke a little but that was the exact wrong thing to say in front of Jennie right now.

"There are other ways nowadays." She bit back.

"Two women raising a child, you know what your mother would have said?" He laughed a little but then closed his mouth instantly, realising what he had said.

"I don't care what she would have said! And Jisoo's Mom was by the way not as opposed to the idea of being a grandparent as you guys were. Even at such a young age! Even though she wasn't Ella's real grandma!" Jennie exploded a little bit. It triggered her endlessly that he joked about Jisoo being a lesbian, therefore not being able to provide her parents with a grandchild while he had a grandchild that he kicked out of his house because she was born too early in their lives!?

"So when I got pregnant it was the end of the world but now you all want grandchildren? Who gives you the right to decide when the time's right to have children or grandchildren, huh?" Jennie clawed her armrest so hard, her fingers were starting to go white.

"No.... Jen... I didn't mean it like that... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you.... or Jisoo..." her father tried to backpaddle, leaning forward and staring into Jennie's slits of eyes.

"But you did! On so many levels!" Jennie's voice got louder and she felt her heartbeat in her temples. The slightly homophobic comment also hit Jennie hard. Her parents had never known that she was bisexual. It was not like she came out to them before she got pregnant with Ella. And afterwards she didn't have any contact or any relationship with them whatsoever. Why bother telling them about her sexual orientation? It had been none of their business.

She shook her head a little to clear it. "What do you want here anyway?"

Jennie's father scooted forward on the couch and laid a hand on the armrest of Jennie's chair. He wanted to reach out but Jennie pulled her arm away instantly, looking at him with pure ice in her cat eyes.

"Look, I know how wrong and horrible it was what your Mom did to you..."

"You're not innocent either!" Jennie cut in sharply.