"Hetal told me when we went together to get your parent's photo framed. Also, unlike you, I have very good memory and I am smart. 10 years ago, I saw a Chipkali on a neighbouring terrace on the same day. I just put two and two together," said Shiva, "I was busy with work today, otherwise..." he started a tad guiltily, but she just shook her head and pressed herself closer to him, closing her eyes as another tear slipped out.

They held themselves in this position; Raavi resting her head on chest, holding on to him and her parent's photo, listening to the faint thud of his heartbeat. As soon as he came to her, she felt her heart and soul latch on to him. His presence itself was balm to her invisible wounds and pain, healing her, making her feel better. "Show me the constellation again," asked Raavi after few minutes. Shiva wrapped his fingers around the index finger of her right hand and slowly traced the out the shape in the air.

"Its so beautiful" whispered Raavi, "do you still come to look at the stars?" referring to the Grad Excursion. Shiva quietly nodded, ever so slightly tightening his arms around her.

She just stared at him from the cocoon of his arms, taking in his profile as he stayed and looked at the night sky with her, occasionally pointing to the stars, saying something to make her feel better. How many years had she spent this day by herself not letting her heart and soul acknowledge who she wanted to be with on this day?

"Show me something else."

Shiva disentangled Raavi from himself and took her a few steps in front of on an old park bench that had been upcycled to be used in the terrace. Making her stand in front of him, he sat down on the bench taking the photo from Raavi and resting it beside him. Then, he reached backwards, and pulled open a box with a single cupcake. He stuck a candle into the cupcake, lit it up, and said, "Come, let's celebrate your mother's birthday."

Raavi clenched her fists painfully to stop herself from jumping into his arms. She should've known he'd come. No. As much she had sought out the stars to find peace, her heart had been patiently waiting for him to comfort her. Only him. He had known and just come to her. She kept looking at him without moving, causing him to wave his hand at her face and gesture to sit next to him. Wordlessly, she sat on his lap, ignoring the space beside him. Tucking her hair to one side, leaned forward to blow the candle. She took a bite removing the candle. "Hmm, vanilla cupcake with cinnamon sugar icing, from Mukesh Tea Café, right?"

"Acchi hai?" he asked gesturing to the cupcake. She nodded, licking the frosting. Did she have to lick it so sensually?

"Khud kha, aur moksh pa le," he said gruffly. She wasn't the only one who liked cupcakes. Letting out a watery chuckle, she gave him a big piece, "abhi deni hi wali thi... ye le, toos le, bhukkad."

As he took a bite, she smiled and asked, "aachi hai na?" and he nodded.

They ate the cupcake in silence, Shiva's gaze took in Raavi. He was glad she looked better; her cheeks a tinge rosy, her eyes gaining back their sparkle, her lips nearly ready to break into her signature smile. He realized he was staring because Raavi looked at him, her chin tilting up in question. He shook his head, stroking away a wayward crumb from her chin, quickly averting his gaze, mentally warning himself to not get carried away.

Clearing this throat, "Yahin ghar basaegi kya? Ab utt, T-Rex ki behen," he said without any heat, just desperate to infuse some distance between them.

"Itni bhi heavy nahi hoon," she said mildly, as she got off his lap, "ki tujh jaise Chattan Pandya ko kabhi farak pada ho, ya aage farak padega."

No lies detected there, Shiva, he thought to himself, "Ye toh wazan utane wale ko hi pata hoga na?" he countered, "apni dhole shole dekh,"