Akshu - Is Lifeline

~ lag ja gale, ke fir ye haseen raat ho na ho, shayad... fir is janam mein mulaakat ho.. na ho~

Abhimanyu stared at lifeless Akshu when the door clicked open and senior doctor, Mahima Birla entered the place to take over the control of the situation.

She looked at Abhimanyu and for a moment, her heart wrenched looking at his face, his eyes which were slowly moving towards the emptiness, his emotions were taking over the toll inside him and she needs to stop that.

She loved him, like her own child and she knew his love for his Akshu but she was helpless the moment, Abhimanyu's parents pushed him to marry someone he never loved.

Mahima placed her hand on his shoulder when he looked at her lost.

“Dr Abhimanyu Birla, take control and move ahead. Fast..”, she shook him slightly to let him know that, he is a doctor who needs to save a patient's life and nothing more but that never happened.

He looked at his Taiji, as his lips quivered to spell a word correctly.

“No... How could-d I..? Me - Meri Akshu, mujhse nhi hoga, please dr”, he looked at Mahima as if pleading her to save his Akshu.

“Look Abhimanyu, listen to me - right now, she's a patient and you a doctor. You need to save a life! Get up Abhimanyu”, Mahima hold him from the shoulder and cupped his right cheek from her right hand.

Abhimanyu moved forward, his hands shivering continuously, even to hold her hand but he did for his Akshu.

He caressed her hair softly, placing a soft kiss over there as Mahima smiled sadly, nothing can happen to Akshara or Abhimanyu Birla will be lost along with his Akshu.

He hold her hand when her fingers moved slightly as if she felt his touch, her heavy breathes, her body tensed suddenly as if she tried to say something, but was not able to.

“Aaru...”, the words left her mouth as she spoke with difficulty and after that, she fainted diving into an unconscious state.

He smiled hearing her taking her sister's name, that's why he loved her the most, she loved her family immensely with such a pure and divine heart.

The girl who loves her family, who stood by them, for them and can do anything for them, will love her love with all her heart and soul. Apt to toot ke pyaar karna...

Coming out of his thoughts, he looked as she starts to sink, she breathes laboured,
“Akshuu... No! Come back to me, Akshuu.. Aarohi is here only.. look come back”, he holds her hand as caressing her soft hair.

Those eyes, who used to shine when she smiled, used to innocently stretch when she laughs or when she pouts, those serene eyes as morning dew were now closed with pain.

His eyes welled with the thought of her dealing with acute pain inside her, which he can't even imagine.

“Akshuu.. calm down look just five minutes, just five minutes and it will be done.. stay with me”, he cajoled her as she heard his voice and a few tears rolled down her closed eyes.

He wiped off those tears, smiling with tears in his eyes when Mahima operated on her right part which was smudged with blood.

He moved aside when Mahima gave him the equipment to operate her head which was blood red. It had a deep cut, and that's when a scissor was touched in the place, she lost it, her breath sank and she fainted in deep slumber.

“Akshuu...”, Abhimanyu slipped down the wall, in pain as he looked at her unconscious state.

A Few Moments Later,
Mahima tensed up as Akshara was operated on, but her body doesn't respond accordingly.