life - short for grudges

~ Thodi Shikayat Karna Tu,
Naaraz Bas Na Hona Tu, Zindagi~

The clouds thundered with a loud sound, causing the uneven rain in the evening of the day. The atmosphere turns gloomy, which he was not liking even a bit.

This gloomy season was never giving him any positive vibes making his heart shuddered unevenly. An uneasiness claimed upon his heart making him rub his chest voluntarily, he took deep breathes trying to calm down which doesn't work for he can't even sit down at a place.

A sudden rush came into his heart all of an abrupt, making him call the only name which was his source of happiness in the darkest of dusks, the one his heart claims as his own with all his will.

“Akshu...”, the name left his mouth tiredly, as if his heart conveys him to have her glimpse to calm down himself, but that never happened because she is far away from him.

Just a moment later, the landline ranged asking him to come for the surgery immediately. The case is very critical and such is an accident case and he was needed to cure and examine the patient urgently.

The pang in his heart increased making him sigh, why it was happening with him. Not letting his emotions take over him, he set aside the pain and went out of his cabin not before taking his coat and stethoscope.

**************

“Akshu, get up dammit”, The Arohi Goenka, who never cared anything for her sister is screaming at her unconscious state.

Her heart graved with terror, looking at her, Akshara who was lying unconscious smeared with blood. Her mind wants to do every possible effort to blame it again on Akshara, but this was her heart was pounding badly, she wants nothing but her sister to get up and fight with her for what she did was wrong, and her elder sister won't allow doing any wrongdoing with anyone.

Kairav looked on to Arohi who was holding his sister's hand while she was lying on the stretcher, unconscious smeared with blood. His mind blocked all possible ways to comfort his family who was crying mess looking at Akshara in such a heart-wrenching state.

His eyes raged looking at Arohi. Had she stopped her car keeping aside her foolishness, Akshara had never run behind her to stop her. It's all because of her. His baby sister is in such a state just because of Arohi.

When Arohi was born, he never differentiated between them as the real one or step one, he loved them equally, he cared for them equally but even he knows that his heart cared for akshu more than aaru.

When they both were 10, Aarohi started to change into something they never thought. She was never bad, nor she was selfish but she had that rage inside to do everything first.

And being like this was never her fault, she feared becoming a second option for anything, she had seen her mother taken as a second option for everything. Her bade papa, never liked her mother, she was never able to make her place in her family.

And so she never wanted that, and her this nature was taken seriously and not anyone ever made her understand, that it's not always you will be perfect in every moment, because no one is perfect and that it's not bad to be another choice for anyone. Even, the last choice is sometimes the best one, but that never happened and what came out was Aarohi being a self-centred, egoistic, straight forward and selfish girl who never cared for anyone.

But Kairav never cared for people or the place where he was. He took fast steps towards Aarohi, after Akshara was taken inside the OT, his hand clasped her arms tightly making her look at him in terror.

Her face was smudged with tears, her kohl eyes no longer in shine.

“Happy now? Khush ho na tum Aaru?”, Arohi's eyes snapped at her elder brother, as the words left his mouth.

The moment Kairav looked at her, she knew she's going to be on the ride of guilt, regret, hatred for herself and whatnot. She knew she will have to face the truth what her mind never wants to face.

“Why are you screaming at her Kairav? Calm down”, Manish Goenka, his bade papa looked at him, but not anymore.

His life had been fucked up by losing people's now and then. His family never cared what his Akshu had been through. Every moment, when Aarohi blamed her for every damn problem in her life. No, no one cares what his sister went through. All they care for was for Aarohi, and that sisters do fight like this.

“I am sorry bade papa, but not today. Ask her, she will be so happy that Akshu is in such a state. Puchiye na, boliye ise khush ho jaye. Iske toh raaste ka kaanta thi na Akshu, isliye toh har wakt. Every damn moment, she blamed Akshu. She never Akshu to live with us, to stay with us, now I knew. That's why, she sped up her car and never looked back to stop even after knowing that, Akshu will go and anything can happen in the middle of the road.” Kairav was enraged with his anger not able to control himself eyeing Aarohi who looked at her brother shocked.

*************

Abhimanyu came inside the OT, after changing when his steps glued at the place. His body stiffed looking at the worst site in his life he had witnessed.

His mind was blocked with utmost terror, fear and his heart ripped apart in a zillion of pieces. His eyes never wanted to look up what he saw a moment ago.

A doctor is a person, who had the power to go through thousands of cases like this, they're made strong enough mentally to face such cases every day, but at this moment, he felt as if he was good for anything.

Before being a doctor, he is a human being and a highly sensitive person who can't take the pain of his people. He feared, what if anything wrong happened, what if he couldn't fight for her life. His soul exasperated thinking about such situations.

The moment he felt that he, being a doctor is of no use because his hand trembled with fear the moment he wanted to take a step.

His Akshu, His Gharelu doctor who was the doctor of his ruptured heart was lying lifeless in front of him, and he was not able to do anything. His eyes held all the emotions he felt in the moment, he felt as he won't be able to breathe, he choked on to breathe, as he took a breath to calm down himself. But, how could he calm when his Akshu is lying in such heart wrenching state.

Suddenly, the machine started making sounds and Akshara humped and started taking deep breaths when he looked at her face, his body trembled.

Nothing made him sound, whether the doctors calling him or asking him to take control over the situation and that's when he shakes up when he heard what the other doctor said to him,

“Sir, please take control or we'll lose the patient”

That moment, he knew the worst sight he ever had was his Akshu in the death bed fighting for life.... Or Maybe Not!

____________________________________________________________________

do share, how you find this?

Your feedbacks are much needed to make the story progress ahead.

I wanted to show the bond of every relation Akshara shared with her family, she was Jaan of her brother, and I wanted Aarohi to face off because as per my views, no human is bad and neither is she. She needs the right push in her life.

Remember, it's just not about Abhira, it's about the family, the relations, the bond and all above their pain.

Youu guys, thank you so much for the amazing response in the prologue, I adore you <3

I hope you like it!
( silent readers, do vote atleast )

- Aastha!