Child of Flame (Chapter 3)

Start from the beginning

"Right back at you."

We continued until we arrived at a Hearth. Legera had special permission from Mom to escort me through with all my weapons into the city.

"Will this do?" She asked,

"It'll do nicely." I replied, "Now, are you sure Zoë is gonna be at Oakland Lake with the rest of The Hunters?" Legera nodded, "Okay then." I walked up to The Hearth. "And if you do end up taking time off, I'll gladly fill in for you."

I closed my eyes and used the flames of the Hearth to fire travel to Oakland Lake. It was peaceful, since it was early in the morning. No sign of The Hunters yet. So I guess I could chill here for now.

After a few minutes, I began to overhear a lot of voices, female voices.

"Very risky to meet up here." Zoë said, approaching me.

"Had no choice." I admitted, standing up, "Though it's good to see you again." I turned and looked at the Hunters, there were around twenty new faces, "You've been busy."

Zoë nodded, "This year was essentially an all hands on deck for us."

"Gathered that."

Zoë patted me on the shoulder and then called for Bianca. Bianca looked stronger, a lot more confident in herself.

"So you two are going to save The Sons of Sparda?" Zoë asked,

I nodded, "On the way though, we need to deal with Kronos's surveillance." I admitted, "Bob Barbes is a demon called Sovereign."

Zoë raised an eyebrow, "Sovereign must be using a mortal anchor also. Then you two should treat this like you're going to assassinate him."

Bianca and I both nodded and began to walk off to the Raptor News Network tower. We talked about some minor things, how our years were, what we got up to, all that stuff.

"How's Nico been?" Bianca asked,

"He's been doing pretty good at the guild to my knowledge." I replied, "Playing Mythomagic, learning to play DnD. He's been having a blast, plus he's had some pretty good training."

"I'm glad to hear." Bianca said, "So what's the deal with Bob Barbes."

I pointed at a tv screen showing a Raptor News Network broadcast. Bob was talking about the recent disappearance of Kyle Ryder (Mundus's mortal anchor).

"Bob Barbes is the mortal anchor for The Demon World's Warden, amply known as Sovereign." I explained, "He's the last piece of surveillance Kronos has. The spy is on our side properly."

"Who's the spy?"

"Silena Beauregard, Daughter of Aphrodite." I said, "Luke did the same thing Heracles did to Zoë Nightshade."

"Manipulate, lie and blackmail her to the point that she might join The Hunters?" Bianca asked,

"He blackmailed her boyfriend, then her boyfriend died." I said, "I doubt she'll join The Hunters."

Bianca looked confused, "Which boy would be genuinely caring to her?"

"You're looking at him." I said, "Now then," I pointed to the Raptor News Network tower. "That's where we're going, could I borrow The Yamato for a second?"

Bianca handed me The Yamato without any complaint. I then unsheathed the blade and then slashed downwards and long ways. A portal opened. I then sheathed the blade and gave it back to Bianca.

"Let's go." I said,

"Lead the way." Bianca replied.

We walked through the portal and ended up in a janitor's closet. When we opened the door, oh thank gods I did that correctly, we were on the ground floor of Raptor News Network.