the sour lies

She stared as the women changed her drip n passed her a warm look .

Get well soon bete ... The elderly women smiled at the beautiful young girl .

Shehnaaz managed to nod with a rue smile , she just cannot believe that it's been two days she's in hospital n her parents havnt bothered to even call .. paying visit was a whole different thing .

Tears welled up her eyes as she remember how zoya n amma are constantly by her side like her own family .

Sucking in a deep breath she turned her face and a bouquet of white lillies again came in her view .

The beautiful bouquet with a sincere apology . The thought made her smile among the pain .

He had Apologized that day n she had forgave him in a giffy . Guess that's how it always will be . She will forgive him just like this . Just one sincere look by him n her eyes would soften .

Ajeeb tashadud kartay hain aap captain sahb . She mumbled carrasing the lilies with her other hand .

***

Uske parents Kahan hai amma? Siddhant frown at his mother who looked at zoya who glared at Fahad making the guy scowl .

Mjhe kyu ghur rae ho bhai? Fahad was offended making zoya roll her eyes .

Uske parents baher hain Sid , ab hato mjhe uske paas Jana Hain ... Amma dodged the topic .

Sid and Fahad shared a look that said that they didn't buy the excuse for a moment.

They were freaking army officers!

A..apke ghar? Naaz sluttered looking at amma and zoya .

Han aur kya? Tum abhi bhi kafi weak ho shehnaaz .. u need care . Amma stated .

Amma .. I will be fine there .. vaha Ara bi hain na .. naaz stated in a small voice . She doesn't want to burden the PPL more then she already has .

Ara bi? She's 70 year old .. vo tumhara khayal kaise rakhengi yr? Zoya was adamant on taking her bestfriend along.

Saath chalo chanda... Mjhe fikar rahegi tumhari .. amma tried coaxing the girl who looked down , tears brimming her eyes at the care n love .

Amma?

The women turned to her son who flashed a nervous smile .

A..ap log chale m isse Lata hu? He suggested surprising amma but the women chose to remain quite .

Zoya on the other hand just grinned cheekily wriggling her eyebrows making naaz blush to her toe while her cosin remained blank on the face .

Hey .. he smiled at the girl who noded timidly making him sigh .

Look shehnaaz .. us din ... Whatever I said was utmost stupid ... U are always welcome in that house .. it's like your house as Zoya likes calling ... Both smiled at that .

Mein ... She tried denying but he shake his head .

Ghar chalo Micetta ... We all will be happy to have you . That did it .. his gentle plead broke the tiny walls she had built around herself forcing her to comply to his request .

***

Usse Ghar le aayi hain amma? Aakhir chahtay kya hain aaplog huh? Screamed aamna in agiation .

Apne gandi khayalo se naaz aajao aamna ... Sahir gritted out fed up of the daily drama .

Mere khayal? Huh? Kya lagti kya hai vo aap sab ki ? Huh? Jo sab tadap jaate Hain uski taqleef se? Bataye? Bole ??

Awaz neeche rakh kar baat karo aamna! Sahir too yelled flinching the girl back .

Kyu? M to cheekhungi ! Aapka kya rishta hai usse Jo aap apni pregnant biwi se lad rae hain USS badzaat k lye?? She yelled more loudly .

Bas! Amma's Stern voice haulted the fight .

Vo koi lawaris nahi hai aamna .. beti hai is Ghar ki .. jaise Zoya hai .. bilkul vaise ... Mere Asad or noor ki beti hai ... Sahir or Siddhant k cosin hai .. first cosin .

The shocking revelation followed by an eerie silence.

***

She felt his presence before he entered the room in midnight .

She closed her eyes tightly fearing he would go back on finding her awake .

In his miletery uniform he was all ready to leave for his duty .. but the yearn to check on her once had dragged him all the way to her room .

Get well soon Micetta .. he whispered in the dark unaware of the blush that coated her ample cheeks .

Zindagi ne mauka diya to fir milenge .. his voice husked low making her clutch the sheet in her hand .

He's going back .. to his duty ... To another war maybe ...
A familiar feeling of fear settled in pit of her stomach hearing his departure
But that's how it always had been ..

him going to save his country and her praying for his safety ..

That's how she had learned to love the captain Siddhant Ali chaudhary .

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Micetta means kitten
Tashadud means unfair

Do comment 🤗❤️