𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 | "𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑩𝒖𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒔"

"You shouldn't do that," I warned, "You're going to scare them."

"Sorry, princess. You know I'm not as skilled at this as you," Namjoon smiles apologetically.

I chuckled. "I can see that."

My father and I were in the new indoor butterfly garden, trying to catch a few to paint. I had hoped this was a nice way to spend some more time together, especially so that he wouldn't become suspicious of what I've been doing for the past few months every night. He seemed to be having a nice time so far, which made me relieved. Although, I don't trust him with the paint, because he's too clumsy. Poor thing.

Namjoon watched in utter admiration as you swiftly held your arm out, catching a bright blue Morpho butterfly on your outstretched hand. The winged creature landed on your smaller hand, wings settling as you giggled at the ticklish feeling in your palm, and he wanted nothing more than a permanent picture of the adorable sight.

"My baby is so cute!" He cooed.

I chuckled. "Me, or the butterfly?"

"You, baby girl! Of course, you. Although the butterfly is rather cute, too." 

"Daddy!"

He just chuckled in response. "I can't help it if my princess is perfect."

"I'm not—that's sweet of you but...I'm not, uh, I give up," I say, looking down embarassedly. He'd made me flustered.

"Don't be embarrassed, sweetheart, you're adorable. I'll let you get the paint out."

I set the gorgeous, sea-blue Morpho butterfly on a nearby branch and off of my palm, watching as it flew away. "Absolutely. I love you, Daddy, I do, but I don't trust you with the paint."

"That's okay, I wouldn't trust me either. I'll get some canvases out. I know yours is going to be pretty already."

"Thanks."

"Of course, I've seen your drawings; I know how good they are. And your sketches? I can't even describe how good they are-" Namjoon then covered his mouth, hoping you wouldn't notice his faux pas. He covered his mouth. "Oh, oops."

I was confused by this before it clicked. "You went through my sketchbook?"

"Alright, guilty. I did. I saw you drawing one night and couldn't help to look. You're really talented, Y/n."

I allow a small smile to form. "I'll accept the compliment towards my artwork to cover up the fact that you snooped without my permission."

He pushed my head gently into his chest, quickly scooping me up into another hug. What can I say; my father's love language was definitely gift-giving and displays of affection. "Sorry, dear. My little love is talented, so I'm proud."