The Dead Way Home

Up in the air an airplane, with a United States of America logo on it, soared through the sky. Inside the plane zombies were walking towards the bodyguards. Two of them were on the floor already bitten and one was shooting at 'them'. He shot 'them' in the chest, but it only pushed 'them' back slightly.

"Damn it! The head! Aim for the head!" One of the bodyguards said from the floor. The female bodyguard held her shoulder. "Who was it? Who let that monster on board?"

The only bodyguard standing paused shooting to yell at the door. "The First Lady has been bitten!" He began shooting at 'them' again.

In the other part of the plane, behind the door, the president of the United States sat at a desk with a cloth wrapped around a wound on his hand. Beside him was the chairman. "Mr. President, enter the code!" He begged.

The president leaned on his wounded hand and sighed. "But..."

The chairman grabbed his own upper arm. "You and I have both been bitten by 'them'! Listen! There's no place for us to even land anymore. That's why we need to attack those countries who would use ICBMs against the United States! We have to do it while we still can. Ordering Triple Six Delta is the only way for us to fulfill our duty to serve the people under the U.S. constitution!" The speech was paused as his face scrunched and he vomited blood onto the floor.

The president stood from his seat and backed away. The chairman began heaving as he stood to his full height. One of the bodygaurds called out to him. His hands shook as he looked towards the few people in the room.

"I'm not going to make it. Someone just..." The female flight attendant covered her mouth in shock. The male flight attendant stood straight before grabbing his gun and pointing it at the chairman. "Yes sir!" All the president could do was watch the chairman suffer.

The chairman turned to look at the president. "Mr. President... the code... May God... the United States..." The president used his index and middle finger to touch his head, lower chest, left shoulder, and right shoulder to symbolize the cross of the lord just as the chairman was shot in the head. As the plane continued to soar down below was Washington D.C. up in flames.

Shizuka-sensei drove the Hum-Vee through the river. Takagi stuck her top half out the hatch and monitored the area for any of 'them'. Inside the car Takashi was leaning on the back of the seat asleep with Rei laying on his chest and Saeko laying on his leg, both asleep. Maikoni and Aruki were also sleeping. She was laying on top of him with her head on his chest and he had his arm wrapped around her waist.

Hirano and Alice were sitting on top of the Hum-Vee singing. "Row, row, row, row your boat, lan, lan, lan, lan, going down the stream. Row, row, row, row your boat, lan, lan, lan, lan, going down the stream." Alice looked up at Hirano. "I can sing it in English too." He smiled down at her. "That's so cool. Sing it."

"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream." Hirano continued to smile. "All right, let's sing the filk version this time." Alice nodded. "Okay."

His smile turned into a smirk, raised his fist in the air, and began to sing in English. "Shoot, shoot, shoot your gun, kill them all now! Bang, bang, bang, bang, life is but a dream!" Takagi closed her eyes in irritation as Alice clapped. "That's great, Kota-chan!"

Takagi slammed her fist on the roof of the car. "Hey, you fat otaku! Don't teach a little kid a strange filk song like that! Remember, the original song is a Mother Goose rhyme." Hirano slumped forward. "Okay..."

"Wake up, everyone. We'll get to the other side soon." Shizuka-sensei said. Rei opened her eyes. She sat up and looked at Takashi sleeping. She heard a groan and looked down to see Saeko still asleep on his leg. An annoyed look made its way onto Rei's face.