Confrontation and Confirmation

Rih: You were really gonna sneak out on me? Are you-are you ashamed ah me? Of what we did?

Bey: Robyn...

Here I am. Standing in last night's outfit, infront of a mostly naked Rihanna in her foyer. Why? Oh, maybe because we kind of slept together last night and I thought I could make a clean getaway. She caught me about two minutes ago. I'd gone over her house to clear the air and make sure she understood that nothing could ever happen between us. So now I'm a liar and an adulterer.

Rih: We always had dis connection and I know you feel it too! I watch you d'same way you watch me!

I shifted uncomfortably. Why doesn't she get it? It's not about how I feel. This isn't about feelings. I have a family and a reputation to uphold. If the public got wind of this...

Rih: You do, don't you?

Bey: I'm married, Robyn! Do you get that? I shouldn't even be here. I don't know how they do things in Barbados, but where I'm from we honor our commitments. I have a husband and a daughter. You-

Rih: Wait, wait, wait. So why you 'ere now, hypocrite? You sleep wit me outta pity or someshit?

Bey: No! No, I- Listen-

Rih: Fa what? You ain't sayin' shit and you still ain't answer my question!

I sighed and turned to leave.

Rih: I will drop this. I will act like it never happen... If you can look me right in the eye and tell me you feel nothin' for me. Dat last night meant nothin' to you... and then you can run off to Jay.

I stopped in my tracks still facing the door. She's giving me an out. I should take this. So why couldn't I turn around? I willed my hand to grasp the door knob, but I was frozen.

Rih: Go head! Tell me.

I couldn't do it. I wanted to, but I knew I'd be lying. We've been dancing around this for years. The media wasn't that far off, she did want a Carter. The way she'd look at me when he wasn't looking... The way I'd look at her... I honestly don't know how this happened. I mean, I'd always been attracted to her, but I never thought I'd end up in this situation.

Finally regaining control of my body, I yanked the door open and slammed it behind me. I heard sobbing and shattering glass as I fled to my car. Tears clouded my vision as I peeled out of her driveway. My phone buzzed from my passenger's seat and I flipped it over. Incoming call from Sean.