Chapter 9: Bittersweet

Yuri offered me a ride. And who am I to reject, right? Taeyeon doesn't seem to mind too. She said her goodbye to everyone politely. Well, except from me. I mean, she's polite too but with a little caresses and squeeze to my arm. Her cousin saw her vulgar actions but it seems like she's used of it so she didn't react.

The moment I arrived in our apartment, the first thing I said is, "Where is dad?"

My mother was excited to see me back but when she saw the seriousness of my face, she switched to being worried instead.

"Why, Tiffy?" Michelle asked me. Right. She doesn't have a work every weekends too.

"I have to talk to him."

"Are you mad?" She went closer to reach for my arms. I let her touch me. She's eyeing me worriedly.

"Just... I need to talk to him."

"He's not here. It has been two days since he left." My mom said in teary eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows at that.

"Where did he go?" Now, it's my turn to be worried for my mom.

"He said he finally found a job. He's an assistant of some businessman but he have to stay for a few days to assist him." My mother explained in confusion. She is confused of her own words. It's like as if she finally realized how weird that is.

"Do you know the businessman's name?" I squinted my eyes.

"Your father said it's the Jungs." Jungs. Where did I heard that again? Right. Taeyeon.

"But I don't know where exactly that is. Your father haven't contacted me since." She stared at me. She must've known that there's something wrong.

"I think I know where to find him." I went inside of my room without waiting for their answers.

I heard my sister called my name but I was too furious to listen.

"Where are you gonna find him? I'll accompany you!" She hurriedly said and went inside my room.

"Wait. Where are you going?" I heard mom said.

"We'll find father." I said with finality.

"Right now?"

"Right now."

I threw my luggage on top of my bed. I didn't even bother to look around my room anymore. I don't care at all about my luggage. I took my phone and my purse as I walk out fast.

I should've take Taeyeon's number! It will be easier that way. Should I ask Ms. Im? For sure she have her number right? But she'll ask why. Besides, she already have an idea what's my relation with Taeyeon. I don't wanna grow the suspicions.

Michelle is just silently following me everywhere. I told the cab driver to bring us to the Kim Enterprise. Yes, the Kim Enterprise. This is crazy but I need Taeyeon's help. I also wanted to see the legal documents she's talking about.

My sister eyed me in ridicule when she heard where we'll be going. I swear I know she wanted to scream but she's just holding herself back because of the driver. If it was just me and her, she'll probably bombarded me with questions.

We arrived in the building in no time.

"Tiffany, why the hell are we here?" She asked in gritted teeth. She's mad to Taeyeon. Actually, everyone in our family is mad at her.

"Just trust me, unnie." I held her arm as I drag her inside. But of course, we couldn't just go directly in Taeyeon's office. She's their boss. It's a long process before meeting her. So I went to the woman in the lobby and tried to make an appointment to see their boss.