"Okay. If I find out you're lying Lucian, I'm sticking North to throw all your stashes and having you grounded from sweets for a month." I nearly jerk in surprise at his threat.

Thats ruthless right there. Taking the world's best creations like chocolate away for a whole MONTH!? That's insane!

Dr. Green promptly hangs up and places another call immediately.

"Hello?"

I nearly groan at Marc's voice. How are all these men connected!?

"Was it you Marc Weiland? Did you ruin a perfectly good apple pie?"

"What? Sean, what the fuck are you talking about? I don't even make apple pie at my shop because I knew you'd eat them before my customers could." He sounds genuinely confused at Dr. Green. 

Which makes sense. Because it was me who actually did it.

Sean huffs a breath and hangs up to place another call. This time Kotas voice awnsers.

"Dr. Green? Are you alright? How is your shift tonight?"

Sean waves a hand even though Kota can't see before he responds.

"Oh. You know. Good. Until someone left me a pie and it be salty enough to give me cardiac arrest. Has Luke been with you all day?"

There's a short pause as Kota tries to make sense of Sean's harsh cold voice.

"Yes. Luke, Nate and Gabe have all been with me today. Are you okay?"

"Fine. Later."

My eyes widen as he once again places another call.

"Sean? How many people are you going to call?!" I whisper to him hurriedly.

He looks up to me startled. Once again forgetting my presence.  His face tints a little in embarrassment but before he can respond to my question, several voices pick up.

He must have made a group call this time.

"Dr. Green?"

"Sean?"

"Hello?"

"Yes?"

Several voices ring out together, blurring into one another as greeting until Sean shush them.

"I want to know who killed my apple pie for fun?" He demands to the phone.

I sit in the seat reeling. I'm positive that I recognized several of those voices.

"It clearly was not me Dr. Green. Nor Mr. Toma as we have been together discussing the upcoming event." Aha! I knew that was Owen!

Axel gives a small agreement before more boys try to cover their own tails from Sean's wrath.

"Victor and me can't even make a pie. So if it looks like anything other than a soggy pile of ingredients, I'd suggest you look elsewhere." This comes from a British accent with amusement thick in his words.

"Nope. Wasn't me doc. I've been at the shop all day with North and Si. We've had to replace a motor all day and it's been kicking our asses." Brandon's voice rings through the phone slightly disoriented and I can barely hear two more voices agree in the background with cranks and grinding metal.

Sean sighs,"Corey? Raven?" He says their names as if already knowing it wouldn't be them as he shakes his head in defeat.

"Sorry Dr. Green. We just got back to the house from dinner but we wasn't on that side of town."