Chapter One

years later

"Powder?" Violets voice rang out through the fog, making Jinx's eyes widen. She slowly turned her head to see her sister, who had grown so much since the last time she had seen her. Violet jogged forward and wrapped her arms around her youngest sister, squeezing her a little bit tight, making sure this was in fact real.

Jinx's eyes watered and then she promptly bursted into tears, her own arms folding around her older sister.

The two hugged for a long time, Jinx remaining quiet. Her mind was going nuts. Was it a good idea to light up the blue powder stick? Should she be hugging her sister right now-

"Vi?"

Jinx jumped away from her sister and pointed her gun at the stranger who said her sisters name.

"Caitlyn! This is my sister, Powder."

"Your sister.. is Jinx?!" The enforcer hissed, making Jinx's eyes narrow. Her fingers tapped on her ring three times, her eyes glued onto the enforcer.

"You're with an enforcer?"

"Powder, it's not like that."

"Are you after this?!" Jinx cried out, holding out the small blue sphere that glowed in her hand.

"Powder-"

"Quit calling me that! It's Jinx now! Powder fell down a well!"

Violets eyes widened at this statement and felt her blood run cold. Her sister had this manic look in her eyes. One she hadn't seen before.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a loud thud, and she turned to see Caitlyn held in the arms of another girl. She had her hood up, but she could see the glint in her eyes.

The girl faltered when Violet locked eyes with her, and she looked at Jinx who stood smirking behind Vi. "You have your back up, I have mine." Jinx chuckled. "Meet Onyx."

Onyx dragged Caitlyn with her as she walked towards Violet. Caitlyn was obviously struggling against the girl, but it was no use. Onyx didn't even soften her grip. She just walked towards Vi with Cait in her grasp and her lips pulled into a smirk. "Hello Violet."
Her sisters face crumpled at the realization as Onyx let her hood fall down.

Three sisters stood on the rooftop, but only two were unified. The other, was all alone.

"Jules-"

"Onyx." She corrected, her voice low. "Jules is dead."

"Jules listen, I'm sorry-"

"You're sorry?" She lifted her head so that Violet could see her whole face. She had a faint scar that fell on her cheekbone. "Oh I am so glad you're sorry! That makes everything better. I guess it's time to go see ole Vander and tell him everything worked out huh?" Onyx's face was turned red with anger as she spoke. "Oh wait, we can't. He's dead isn't he?"

"Juliette!" Vi snapped. "You watch your mouth!"
"Oh no." Her sister mused. "You lost the right to tell me what to do the moment you took his side." Onyx cocked her head to the side and tightened her grip on Cait, who whimpered at the movement.
Violet looked towards Powder, who was watching Onyx with a small grin. Clearly proud of her sisters little speech. "Powder. You lit the stick. You lit it."
Onyx looked at her younger sister at that statement.

Jinx's eyes widened but she didn't say anything. Violet placed her hands on either shoulder and smiled at her little sister. "You lit it. I'm here now, come with me. We can make this right-"

"What are you doing?" Jinx whispered, her voice meek and small. "Get out of my head."

"Powder is still in there, I know she is. She lit the stick-"

"Enough about the damn stick Violet." Onyx snapped. "Have you ever thought maybe this whole thing was planned?"
Violet didn't pay any attention to Onyx.

"Come with me. Take my hand, Powder. Let's go home and figure this out okay?" Vi kept her tone soft and steady. She knew if she pushed enough, Powder would come. She always did.

"Jinx." Onyx said lowly. Jinx looked at her sister, her eyes wide as loud thoughts filled her head.

"Shut up. Shut up!" Jinx shouted, pointing her gun at Violet. "Shut UP!"
"Powder, who was can be together again. As sisters." Violet urged.

"Oh yeah, reaching out for Jinx yet again and leaving me in the dust. Just like old times. God you haven't changed at all!" Onyx shouted angrily, her grip tightening on Caitlyn, who made a small noise of distress.

"Can you let go of-"

"No!" Her eyes changed from angry, to pissed off in one moment flat. "You aren't even listening to me!"
Cait took this moment, where Onyx wasn't paying as much attention, to slam her head backwards and connect the base of it to Onyx's nose.

There was a cracking noise and Onyx cried out.

Violet grabbed onto Jinx and started pulling, her other arm helping Caitlyn towards the stairs. "Come on!"

There was zero hesitation.

Jinx dashed forward and helped her other sister up to her feet just as a smoke bomb of sorts landed in between the four girls and clouded the area around them. "Powder!"
Jinx looked at Violet with sadness but quickly wiped it off her face as she faced Onyx. "Let's get you out of here."

"Thank you." Onyx whispered.

When the two sisters looked back at Violet and Cait, they realized they were fighting people in masks.

People in masks that had weird flying devices.

"Violet!" Jinx shouted, causing Vi to look at her sister just as someone popped up behind her and smacked the back of her head.

The red head sank to the ground.

"We need to go." Onyx urged Jinx, who didn't fight or question her. The two sisters scrambled from off the tower, fighting off a few of the strangers that got in their way.

Two sisters left the other when she needed them most, just like she had done to them.