Meeting the new teammates

Im back!! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in a while. Homework started to kick my ass and I didn't have enough time to update on here.                                                    —————————————————————————————————————————————————

*Ivy's POV*

Today was the day we all met the new teammates. Not gonna lie, I was extremely nervous. I don't know why but I was just very nervous to meet everybody. It was weird that I wasn't like that with the ducks, though. I quickly got ready and went downstairs. Charlie, Casey, and my dad were talking about whatever. 

"Hey kiddo. Ready for today?" My dad asks when he finally notices me. 

"Absolutely. This is where Charlie's and I's future begins." Charlie agreed with me. We sat down to eat, and then we got ready. We had to be at the arena by 9 and it was 8:15. We left that house at 8:30 so we would get there 15 minutes before we had to be. 

Charlie and I went and changed into our gear. We all agreed to wear our ducks jerseys today. Not long after we finished changing, the rest of the team walked in. We talked about how exciting it is to play for the junior Olympics. I know that I shouldn't be playing but this is my chance. 

We got called out onto the ice. There was 5 kids, my dad, and don standing on the ice. 

"Tell me about my new kids." My dad said as the five of them all stopped in the middle of the rink.

"That's Luis Mendoza. He's from our Miami club. A real speedster. Incredible skater. I clocked him at 1.9 seconds, blue line to blue line. He has one minor problem. Has a little trouble stopping." Luis smashed into the wall as Don said that. 

I felt bad. He was clearly a good skater but stopping is a huge part of hockey. You have to be able to turn around, stop, and move all in the madder of seconds. 

"Yee-haw! How is everyone! Y'all ready to play some puck?" A cowboy shouts at us. I completely ignored Jessie's comment. 

"That's Dwayne Robertson from Austin. He's the best puck handler I've ever seen."

"You mean for his age?" My dad and I asked at the same time. 

"No, I don't." Don replies, motioning to watch Dwayne. 

He starts to show us what he can do, but he also starts to show off. No, that doesn't work with me. I don't care who you are, you are no better than anyone else, you just have a skill that they don't have. 

"He does have a tendency to showboat." 

You think? I thought to myself as I watch him handle the puck with ease.

"There's Julie "the cat" Gaffney. She won the state championship for Maine three years in a row."

"Well we have a goalie, Goldberg." My dad said, defending Goldberg. We watched as a few of our players took a shot at her and she blocked all of them. 

"Well, we could us a backup." 

"Yeah, Goldberg." I said amazed. She was amazing. My dad just rolled his eyes and went on. 

"Isn't that that kid form the Olympics? The Figure Skater?" My dad asked. I knew exactly who he was. I don't mean for that to sound weird but its true.I figured Skated while growing up and I was no where near that good. 

"Yep. Ken Wu. What can I say? I convinced him that hockey had more of a future. We put a stick in his hand and nobody's been able to touch him."

Then last but not least there was Dean. He had a headset on, blasting heavy metal rock music.   It honestly didn't surprise me. My dad asked if he was a teenager and Don just said it was hormones. Yep, that's exactly what it is. 

Dean goes around and starts pushing the ducks players down. He saw me and stopped for a second before shaking his head and pushing Jessie. I instantly grab onto him before he fell. Then it all broke out. Everybody was arguing in the middle of the rink. I, on the other hand, just sat and watched it all happen. 

That's when my dad stepping in the middle of it all. 

"Everybody freeze! Now we didn't come her to fight! We came here to play hockey! We're team U.S.A. You represent you're country."

"That's right!"

"Now I want you-" My dad was cut off but Don. 

"To be all that you can be right? You gotta raise yourself up, guys! You gotta-" Don stopped talking when he realized that my dad was staring at him. My dad told us to Scrimmage and Dom just blew his whistle and repeated what my dad said. My dad finally got tired of it and took his whistle. 

That's when it hit me. Scrimmage. Im not cleared to play, let alone scrimmage. I told myself that it would all be fine. We started to scrimmage when Luis smashed into Goldberg. yeah, we were playing like we haven't played in years. Next thing I knew, Fulton had the puck. The only thing that I could do was get out of the way. Fulton is a good player, don't get me wrong, but he is very reckless too. 

Before I knew it, the puck smashed right in Mr. Tibbles. He was walking in with a lady, she was pretty young. She introduced herself as Michelle MacKay, our team tutor. I had no problem with it but everybody else on the team did. I've always been good at school so her classes are going to be easy for me. 

Goldberg tried to talk her out of it but it didn't work. We finally got dismissed. Today was so much fun, I can't wait for tomorrow. Charlie and I changed, said goodbye to our team, then headed home with my dad.