Child of Flame (Chapter 2)

Magsimula sa umpisa

"How're you gonna do that?"

"Nico and Bianca Di Angelo have The Devil Sword Dante and The Yamato respectively." I explained, "Nico should be at camp soon and Bianca is with the Hunters of Artemis."

"So they're safe?" Lady asked,

"Artemis is too dangerous for Arkham to approach." I replied, "Nico should be with Hades right now."

Lady nodded, "I'm gonna call Chiron now," she then placed a cellphone on the counter, "After I've finished the call, let's go over a plan."

I nodded and finished the coffee.

Lady made the call, Chiron is relieved. But he wants me back at camp asap. Lady was able to agree that I'd come back this evening.

We also agreed that when I find out who the spy actually is, I'll call Lady to pick me up afterwards and take me to the apartment again and then I'd have Legera tell The Hunters to meet up with at Oakland Lake. Then I'd take it from there.

Lady had two motorcycles, her one and the one I left. We decided to take both and began to drive to Long Island. By the time we got to Half-Blood Hill. It was dusk, it almost looked too somber.

"What are you gonna do for this evening?" Lady asked,

"Charlie had a girlfriend," I replied, "She deserves to know."

"Okay," Lady said, "I'll see you soon."

I began to walk my motorcycle up Half-Blood Hill. Clarisse was seemingly waiting for me at the top.

"Where's Percy?" She asked,
"Not here yet." I said, "You have people on the beach?" Clarisse nodded, "Good, where's Silena?"

"In her cabin, why?"

"Charlie's gone." I said, I shook my head, "He went down with the ship."

"What!" Clarisse exclaimed, "You were supposed to be in and out before they could even find Jackson or Beckendorf. What the hell went wrong?"

"They knew." I replied, "they knew we were coming for weeks. They knew where we were gonna plant the bombs, that I'd be there and I was the bait."

"What are you saying?"

"We were set up." I continued, "Luke's spy was informing them of this." Clarisse looked uncomfortable. "Tell Silena to go to The Big House. I'm going to tell her."

"Shouldn't Chiron -"

"It would be better if I told her." I said, "PLease, just do it."

I began walking through the Camp until I got to The Big House. Chiron was waiting for me. I told him everything that happened.

"Ah," Chiron said, "You did well to complete the mission. But losing Charlie, that's a huge hit on us."

"No shit." I said. Silena then walked through the door, "You should go and wait for Percy."

"Very well." Chiron replied, before trotting off to the beach.

"What happened?" Silena asked,

"Sit." I replied.

Silena sat down, she then looked at me, pleadingly, "Lux, please, what happened? Where's Charlie?"

I swallowed and then said, "We were able to blow up the ship." I said, "But Charlie..." I held back my own tears. "Charlie went down with the ship."

Silena looked shocked and began to shake her head, "No," She muttered, "This has to be a joke, it just has to be."

I shook my head, "I wish it was some fucked up prank." I said, "But it isn't Charlie's gone."