Chapter 8

Hands.

They were all over me. My face, my shoulders..okay well not all over me but touching me..alot. The hands picked me up and placed me on top of something, they placed me on a person. A very comfortable person. Opening my eyes I realized it was none other than the wonderful Braylen! I should've guessed..who else would be so comfortable. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed it. He nudged me forward and kissed me in my forehead before leaning to get something from my bedside table, that something was a glass of orange juice. I gave him a questioning look while getting up into a sitting position in his lap.

"You've been crying, it's for your throat you need to drink it." He gave me a small smile while handing me the glass. When I was halfway through I stopped and tried to give it back to him, he just shook his head and told me to finish it, when I did that, he took it from me and put it back on the table. I leaned back into him, resting my head on his shoulder once more. We just sat in silence for a while before he started talking again.

"Why were you crying baby?" He said as he starting using his thumb to brush the side of my face, from the top of my cheek to my temple.

"Because." I really didn't wanna talk about it yet.

"Because what?"

"Because I wasn't happy." I replied.

"Why weren't you happy?" After he said this, I started to change my sitting position. Now, I sat straddling his legs.

"They just wouldn't let it go, it's like they wanted me to have some sort of problem or whatever that they could fix and they wouldn't just leave me alone." As I said this I nuzzled my head into his neck and wrapped my arms around him once more.

"I understand." Was all he said and then silence. We sat in silence with him rubbing my back for about 5 minutes until he spoke again. "I know what you did last night." That was all he said. I moved my hands from around him and sat up looking at him. Then he continued, "You need to apologize."

"I need to apologize to who? And for what?"

"You know who you need to apologize to Frankie, you were rude last night and that's not like you." He said.

"You weren't even there." I said while leaning my forehead onto his.

"I don't have to be there to know what happens with you, you should know that by now." He said with a smirk. When I just stared at him and didn't say anything he continued. "Your aunty told me what happened."

"And you're just gonna believe her without even asking me?" I asked.

"Yup." Came his simple reply. He started poking my cheek when I didn't say anything again, he was getting playful.

"In that case, I don't wanna be your friend anymore, you can go play with them if you want." I said although I was only joking.

"Don't be like that." He said while sticking out his bottom lip.

I used my index finger to drag it down before leaning back with a sigh.

"I'm not angry at them, I kept on telling them last night that I've moved on. They wouldn't even be here to bother me about it if no one ever called them to tell them anything. They come for holidays and everything and leave and not once have they said anything about it so I figured hey what's the big deal. They're gonna leave after all this dies down as well which is gonna be in a few weeks so I don't know why they couldn't just let it be like all those other times that they came and didn't say anything." I said, slowly becoming irritated all over again.

After what seemed like forever to me because I was just staring at him waiting for him to say something while he was fiddling with the hem of my t-shirt he finally said, "You still need to apologize." I just stared at him like he couldn't really be serious so he continued, "You and I both know that you know that it's the right thing to do, you're all for respect and everything but now there you were last night throwing a tantrum like a little girl." He said while poking my tummy.