six (6)

july 15th

*simon's point of view*

i walked back into my room from the kitchen and could hear wilhelm laughing through the door. it sounded like he was on the phone.

"yes! and then he wouldn't talk to us for a week!" he exclaimed. he seemed really excited to be talking to whoever he was talking to.

i slowly creaked the door open, and he smiled at me from his spot on my bed. i walked in all the way and mouthed "who are you talking to?". he made a gesture for me to come sit down. when i did, he pulled the phone away from his ear after saying "wait a second" and put it on speaker.

"alright, matteo. you're on speaker with my boyfriend now," wilhelm said.

i cocked an eyebrow at him as a voice came over the line.

"oh alright then. hey, wille's boyfriend. if you're there," he laughed.

wilhelm nodded his head forward, willing me to respond.

"hi?" i said nervously, still making a confused face at wilhelm, "who am i talking to?"

wilhelm started talking before matteo could.

"baby, matteo's the one from my old school that i did that fundraiser with."

i thought for a second, and then my face lit up.

"the one that beat you in a spelling bee in primary school?" i teased.

wilhelm looked shocked and started blushing as a roar of laughter came from the phone.

"dude i don't even know you but i love you already."

i laughed with him as wille tackled me into a hug. our laughter settled down and matteo cleared his throat.

"well, wille, it was great talking to you, but i don't want to take away from any of your precious time with your boyfriend-"

"oh fuck you-"

"-so, i'm gonna hang up now, but i'll talk to you later."

i was laughing as he hung up, and wilhelm jokingly rolled his eyes at me. i laughed even harder.

"i like that one. can we keep him?"

he snorted and kissed me.

"together you two would be the death of me."

i cleared my throat.

"not would, will. i'm gonna need you to give me his number, please and thank you."

"i-" he kissed me, "hate you."

i smiled.

'i-" i kissed him, "love you. more than anything."

"agh," he moved closer and wrapped his arms around me, "i love you, i love you, i love you..." he whispered, almost in a mantra.

i brought my head down and hummed into his shoulder. we stayed like that for a few minutes.

"what are we doing today?"

i sighed.

"you always ask me that and i never have an idea."

he sat up.

"well, lucky for you, i do."

"of course you do."

he laughed.

"how does a hike sound?"

i blinked at him.