CHAPTER 6- THEN JEALOUSY COMES.

I looked at my phone for the first time today.
Twelve missed calls from ALEX.
  I sighed. I felt so guilty for not answering them. I over reacted and now I'm avoiding him like a plaque. After that misunderstanding yesterday, Alex tried to get to me by calling, texting and he even showed up by my window at midnight to apologize but being the self-centered, ungrateful, egotistical brat that I am, I ignored him. Now here I am asking Adam for a ride home. I couldn't face him or Jason so I did the only thing I was best at. AVOIDING THEM. I really do hate myself for it. Because every single time there is a situation that I can't stand or deal with, I avoid it. For example, my mom died three years ago and I made dad promise that we would avoid any conversations that relates to her death. All my life, I've been running away from my problems. When would I stop and face them?

   "On a second thought, you don't need to give me a ride. I'll just face Alex. I  am a coward. Always have been, it's time to change." I mumbled. Adam smiled.

  "I'm glad you noticed. That's one thing I didn't like about you." He stated honestly.

  "Why do you always have to be so brutally honest?" I huffed stomping away. He laughed.

  "But you're a girl..So.. that didn't matter to...Alex." He studdered, trying to find the right words to say. I glared at him.

  "I'm starting to see why Dy loathes you."

  "But she doesn't. She loves me with all of her heart and soul." He said proudly.

  "No. I don't." Diana stated behind me and I turned around to see her standing along with Jason. I guess the old me would make a run for it but now I won't. He looked into my eyes. I squirmed.

  "Hi Jase." I mumbled. Adam looked at me and smirked. Then he dragged Diana down the hall without her consent, leaving Jason and I alone in the hall. By my locker. I was definitely going to be late for class.

  "Umm..I have to..uh..go." I said turning around, ready to walk away but only to be stopped by his hand wrapped around mine. I turned around.

  "Becca, I know you're avoiding me. I'm sorry, ok? I'm sorry I acted like an ass and let your pig of a boyfriend get to me. I'm sorry I hurt you. I care about you, alot." He sighed taking a step closer. Oh, God. Why do I have to be in this situation? I thought.

  "It wasn't your fault. You shouldn't be sorry. I should be." I said looking into his blue eyes. "It's nothing. I'll just talk to Alex." I added.

  " Why do you do it?" He asked me. I looked at him in confusion.

  "Do what?"

  "Why do you let him have his way with you, all the time? I get that you try to avoid arguments and trouble but why do you let people stomp all over you and tell you what to do?" He asked. I could tell he was angry because of the tone he used.

   "I...don't." Was the only two words, I could come up with.

   "Rebecca, you can't lie to me even if you tried. You're my bestfriend and I've known you too long to not know the little things about you." He stated. His face was so damn close I could smell his minty breath. Weird, I know. But I can't help but notice all the little things about him when he's this freaking close!

   "I know, ok? I love him. And that's why I do what I do. No relationship is perfect, you know. I know you feel betrayed or whatever but I still love you. You are my bestfriend, nothing's going to change."  I half-whispered. This made him step back with a pained expression on his face. I felt beyond horrible. Great. Just Great.

  "Ok. I guess, I got my answer. But Becca, if he does break your heart, you do know that I will break his bones right?" He asked seriously. I laughed.

  "I guess that would be fair." I chuckled. He laughed then kissed me on my forehead. He put his arm over my shoulder.

  "Let's get to class." He muttered. I smiled. I'm so lucky to have friends like Diana and Jason.

  "Hey. What are you staring at?" I asked Alex. He was at his usual spot waiting for me. He was staring at something and jumped when he heard my voice.

  "Rebecca, is that you?" He asked turning around wide-eyed. I chuckled.

  "No it's the tooth fairy. Of course it's me!" I giggled.

  "Look, I'm sorry for how I reacted the other day. I promise it won't happen again. I was just being..you know....jealous. That's all." He apologized. He looked really uncomfortable.

  "Aww. Babe, you look so cute. And I'm sorry I reacted that way too. I was being..you know....stupid." He grinned and he stepped closer to me.

"Does that mean, I'm forgiven?" He asked.

"Yeah. Am I?"

"How could I not forgive you." He smiled then kissed me on the lips passionately. I missed his feel and his touch. His voice and his smile. I missed everything. When we pulled away, he looked up and frown. I turned around to see Jason. He had my phone in his hand.

   "Rebecca, you left your phone." He said handing it to me and turned to walk away. I ran to him and hugged him. He froze for about a second and then hugged me back, his face buried in my neck. He muttered something under his breath but it was too low for me to hear.

    "Thanks." I smiled pulling away.

    "Sure. Anything for my short princess." He chuckled patting my head.

     "I'm not that short. You're just tall." I pouted. He looked down at my lips then smiled.

     "You're so cute when you do that." I heard someone cleared their throat. I turned around and spotted Alex with a frown on his face.

   "I don't know if you noticed but I'm standing right here." He growled at Jason. Jason looked at him with a bored expression and shrugged.

  "Oh. I noticed. I just didn't give two shits about it. Becca, I'll see you tomorrow." He smiled at me then walked off.

  "Who the f*ck does he think he is?" Jason snapped. I smirked.

  "Don't be jealous. It was just a hug."

  "Who said I was jealous?" He asked raising a brow.

  "Jealousy told me that." I smiled and he gave a 'really? Really Becca?' Look. But it was true!!

                          (AUTHOR'S NOTE)

Hey guys. So did you enjoy this chapter? I know my chapters are short. That's because I try to keep everything straight to the point. So, yeah.

Please do Vote or Comment. I'd love to hear your opinions..

                     Stay breezy :))