𝚃𝚊𝚙𝚎 𝟻, 𝚂𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝙱

Start from the beginning

"So," Bryce starts, wrapping an arm around her shoulder, making Justin tense up. She instantly removes his arm from around her and refrains from shivering in disgust. "There's a bunch of people coming over later if you want to come too, Grace. It will be nice to have you there."

"Uh— thanks for the offer but I-I'm pretty sure I'm busy." Grace stutters out a lie and she sees Justin's shoulders loosen up as he relaxes.

Before Bryce can press on the subject, another voice is heard. "Hey, baby." Jessica greets Justin enthusiastically rushing up to him protectively.

Jess has had a suspicion of Grace and her boyfriend for a while now. She's noticed how Justin's eyes rarely stray from the girl and she's seen the longing looks passed between the two. But instead of lashing out, she merely pretends that nothing is going on for her own sake. She doesn't want to lose Justin in any way.

She gives him no room to reply as she presses their lips together in a heated kiss in which Justin is quick to respond with to not raise suspicion, even if it is really awkward for him to kiss her in front of the girl he truly has feelings for. Grace has to advert her eyes to Bryce, not wanting to watch the open display of affection coming from the other two. Bryce doesn't even notice the tension, continuing to watch the couple with a grin.

When they pull away, Jessica's eyes are instantly on Grace, the latter preparing for a heated interrogation. "What are you doing here, Grace?"

"Oh, you know, just saying hi." Grace comments with an uncomfortable shrug, desperately wanting to leave this situation that she willingly put herself in. She was now regretting coming over. She knows that wherever Justin is, she's not too far behind.

"Well maybe you should get back to your brother." Jess remarks with coldly, her arms going around Justin's waist protectively.

Bryce widens his eyes, not knowing why the two girls had so much hate towards each other. Justin bites his lip anxiously, not knowing how this conversation was going to turn out.

"Alright, what the hell is your problem?" Grace finally snaps back, defensively. She couldn't help but feel small, standing there without anyone to back her up, but she's tired of getting walked over and it's time to stick up for herself.

Surprised that Grace snapped back, Jessica swallows, shaking her head and backing down, "Nothing." She replies meekly, taking Justin's hand in her own and dragging him away to go to the drama room to hook up.

Seeing them leave, Grace turns back to Bryce and gives him an fake smile, before also walking away to her first class, not wanting to deal with the disgusting Walker boy any longer.

***

Flashback

Grace sits on the bleachers numbly by herself, not even a full hour after finding out about Jeff's tragic death. She stares at the track field without a hint of an expression. She seriously couldn't believe it, Jeff was like a brother to her and now he was gone forever. She's never going to see him again. She just had to hold onto the memories now and it was a true heartbreak.

Jeff was one of the best people that Grace has ever met in her life. He was so genuine, sweet and funny. He wasn't like the rest of the boys on the baseball team, he was the upmost respectful. She was going to miss those qualities about him the most of all.

She used to see him frequently due to his and Clay's many study sessions at the library or at their house. Grace would always barge in to annoy them. It annoyed Clay the most but Jeff was always happy to see the girl he claimed was his sister. They had a very strong bond.

𝐁𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 (j.foley)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara