Chapter 57 ~ Morning of the Opening Ceremony

Start from the beginning

And they've been doing it a lot recently, judging by mom's especially sparkling complexion... I wonder if Kiara will have a younger sibling...

I glanced at mom, and saw her beautifully smiling face. Unlike in the past, she seemed so happy and vibrant, and it was all because dad went far and beyond to ensure they will have a time to spend on their own.

Looking at the two, I couldn't help but admire their relationship.

In a world where political marriages are the norm, especially for members of nobility like us, they are the rare cases of couples who married out of love and also strengthen their political strength and influence.

Most could only choose one or the other, even the capture targets in the game. If they're not chosen by the heroine, then they will marry someone chosen by their family to strengthen their position in nobility or advance it. And even if the heroine got the "Harem" end, all of them won't be able to "marry".

Mom and dad are truly blessed to be able to marry their soulmate without jeopardizing their position in nobility. Or rather, their influence only grew after they married. They're truly the greatest power couple in the kingdom, second only to probably his and her majesty.

I wonder if I could have such a happy marriage life like that as well...

Considering that "Alterisa" is a villainess, and the "heroine" will be the one to receive the love of the capture targets... I can only think of it as an uphill battle...

At that moment, Alex's figure appeared in my mind.

Alex...

The most popular capture target of the game... And my best friend...

Even if the heroine managed to capture the other capture targets, I hope she doesn't capture you... At least, you...

"Nee-cha?"

She looked at me straight in my eyes with her large, round, sparkly ones, and I can see my perturbed appearance from the reflection of her eyes.

"Eh? Ah~ What's wrong, Kiara~?"

I did my best to smile and shook away the painful feeling in my chest.

But, she kept staring at me with those innocent eyes before suddenly hugging me tightly.

"I love Nee-cha! I won't let anyone hurt you! Don't be sad!"

"Kiara..."

A small smile appeared on my face and I hugged her tightly in return.

"Uhn... I feel so much better now. Thank you, Kiara~"

"Uhn~!"

"Ufufufu~ Are you nervous, baby~?"

Mom asked with a giggle.

"Y-Yes. I think so."

"I see. It can't be helped if you're nervous. After all, this will be the festival where your engagement with Alexus is announced."

Mom put down her utensils softly on her plate before wiping her lips gracefully with a napkin and taking a sip of her tea.

"Just try to have fun these few days and forget about it until the last day, okay baby~? You can just leave everything to mom, dad, and Alexus. He'll definitely make it a success~ If he doesn't... Then I will have Seara double his punishment."

"Y-Yes..."

"That's right, Risa. There's nothing for you to worry about. Alexus will make sure everything goes well. This has been his dream all this time, after all..."

"Eh? Ah, uhn... Thank you, Lu-nii."

W-Why are both of them mumbling in the end? I didn't hear what they're saying.

Though, they seemed very confident in Alexus. They trust him so much...

... I should trust him too. Trust him that even if... even if they meet... he won't leave me...

Argh... Since when did he become such a headache! That Alex...

We all finished breakfast soon and immediately returned to our own rooms to start preparing ourselves.

Kiara wanted to join me and watch me dress though, so she's coming with Anne, Maria-chan, and I back to my room.

A few of our maids are already standing outside my room at the ready, and they all immediately got to work the moment I arrived.

Kiara watched me getting dressed with sparkling eyes as she sat on the bed.

Well, I got to say, this was a very fancy dress. It was one of the few mom had chosen for me out of the tens of dresses she had ordered.

It was a beautiful, shoulder-less, pure white dress with golden embroideries of flowers on its edges, laces covering the upper middle part of my chest in between my neck and non-existent breasts, and pure white long sleeves that started from the middle of my arms and flowed down past my wrists.

Then, my sparkling platinum hair was styled into a flower braid and the rest of my long hair flowed gracefully down to my hips.

Various beautiful accessories also found its place on my neck, ears, and head, making me sparkle like a jewelry shop.

They also did my make up more than usual, though still minimal compared to how other noble young ladies normally do their makeup. Just a little powder, blush, and light pink lipsticks made of plants and colorings from fruits, and I was done.

I looked at myself in the mirror, and I could help but become mesmerized... I almost couldn't believe that it was me, for a second. Anne and the others really outdid themselves...

I looked down at my chest, and felt a little disappointed.

If only I have a chest, then it'd be even more perfect...

Hah... I really hope I'll have Alterisa's mountains, and not my past self's A cups...

"Woww... Nee-cha, so pwetty~!!!!"

"Yes~ You look so wonderful, my lady!"

"U-Uhn! So beautiful..."

"As expected of Alterisa-sama~!! You look just like an angel that had descended from heaven~!

"Hehe~ Thank you, Kiara~ Anne and everyone as well. It is all thanks to your hardwork."

"No! It's because you are so beautiful in the first place that it has become very easy to accentuate your beauty, my lady!"

A-Ah, Anne's switch is turned on. Well... I'll let her appreciate her work.

"Thank you~ Now then, let's meet up with mom and Lu-nii~ Kiara, let's go~!"

"Yesh~!"

Afterword

My heart hurts every time I write about Alterisa's anxiousness regarding her future with Alexus and her friends...

AN: I hope you guys enjoy this chapter~! Please vote and comment your thoughts~!