Unexpected Announcement

Nina's POV

August 14: Dear Diary,

I'm 7 months pregnant, but I'm like my mother: I haven't gained much weight at all. My stomach isn't showing much either. I have a gut feeling my mom is getting suspicious. I went downstairs and she was looking at me sternly.....It was pretty scary. Maybe a few hours at school will fix it.

I ran out to the bus, and sat next to my new friend Cara. She basically told me about how her boyfriend bought her this gorgeous bracelet for her birthday the whole way there, and as she spoke I was just thinking: You think your life is perfect! Mine in two months is diminished. We got to the school by the time she was finished, and finally I got away. I need to break it to my mom sometime, but I don't want to. Instead, I waited about three hours until I was back in class with Cara. We have assigned seats in Chemistry, and I sit by Cara. Thank god! I leaned in to whisper to her while the teacher was turned and said, "Cara, meet me outside. Say you need to go to the bathroom, and I'll say I left something in mathematics." She nodded her head then raised her hand. Then, once she left, it was my chance. "Mr.Broden! I left something in the math classroom. May I go get it?" He looked above his nerd shades and said yes. So, I stood up and walked out. Cara was standing by the water fountain outside, so I walked over and pulled her in between two lockers. "You have to promise not to tell a soul." I say. "Promise." she replies. "Okay....I'm pregnant." I said quietly. "Wha--" She almost yelled before I covered her mouth. "Shh..You're gonna get us in trouble. It's Austin's--" I was interrupted by a familiar voice and a shadow hanging over me and Cara: my mom. Oh crap.... I turned slowly to face my mom then said, "Hey....when'd you get here?" My reaction was priceless. I said that so slyly that she automatically pulled me out of the crack between the lockers and slapped me. I cupped my hands on my cheek and fell down crying. "How in hell did you think I wasn't going to find out?!" My mom yelled. "I--I'm...." I tried saying I'm sorry, but my mom sealed my mouth with her finger. "Don't say you're sorry. I've heard it enough and you're never truly sorry." she said quietly. "Are you going to disown me again?" I said quietly. "No. I'm gonna tell, you something I've been holding back from you for a long time." my mom said hesitantly. "I had you when I was 18, not 24, so I kind of suspected this. My mom disowned me for a while, and I ended up pregnant with you. It was so unexpected, but I carried on with it. I promise I will help you with everything." she smiled when she was finished. I might just survive this now.

(Back at Home)

"Hey Austin, come here a minute." I said. Austin came and sat next to me, then wrapped his arm around me. "What's up?" he asked. "My mom knows." I said quietly. "Knows what?" he asked. "The baby." I said looking him in the eyes. His eyes widened in surprise. "HOW?! Are you in trouble again?!" he yelled. "No no. My mom said she's not mad. She also explained that she had me at 18. It's not a surprise to her. She said she's going to help." I said giggling. "You're kidding." Austin said smiling. "Nah. It's all true! I promise." I said. He smiled then hugged me tightly. My neck was hurting a little bit so I laid on Austin's lap. As far as we know, we were there sound asleep for hours, but I wish I could freeze this moment and relive it over and over again.

_______________________

Hope you enjoyed it!!!!! Chapter 12 coming soon.