[10.3] CO-CAPTAIN: act three

Start from the beginning

"By following me?" Allison raises her brows.

"Well, yeah." Scott scratches the back of his neck.

"What for?"

Scott reaches into his jacket pocket and delicately pulls out her necklace.

"I found this at school."

With a relieved breath, Allison takes the necklace.

"Oh, thank god. I was starting to think it had been stolen."

"No, nope, just lost. Definitely not stolen. By anyone."

He watches her slip the pendant around her neck and pull her hair through the chain. When she looks up at him again, he remembers to breath.

"Thank you for finding this. And for bringing it." Allison gives him a smile.

"You don't think i'm a total stalker, do you?"

"No, you're just weird. Like you always are."

She slips her arms around him to hug him. He holds her back, holding just a little too long.

Allison finally breaks away. Trying not to look back, she hurries off, leaving Scott in the woods. Alone again.

Back on the trail, Lydia glances up in relief. She's been trying to load and nock an arrow, but clearly has no idea what she's doing.

"What was it?"

"Nothing."

"Good. Let's go, my fingers are completely numb from the cold and look at you-- your eyes are tearing up all over the place."

With a hand wiping the tears at her eyes, Allison grabs the bag and bow, following Lydia back down the trail.

- MCCALL HOUSE | KITCHEN -

Alycia drops a bag of croissants on the table, sitting down on one of the chairs. She opens the bag and takes out one of the croissants, taking a big bite.

"Am i bothering?"

Alycia chokes on her croissant, spitting it out and jumping up from the chair. She puts her hands forward, ready to blast the intruder if needed.

Derek.

"Don't do that again, i lost a piece of my croissant because of you." The girl sighs looking at the ground where the spitted out croissant lays. "Why are you here?"

"What? Not happy that i'm here? You want me to leave?" Derek asks, moving towards the door.

"No, no! Of course not, just asking." Alycia says, holding his arm, stopping him from moving further.

"I'm here to talk."

"About?" Alycia asks, raising her eyebrows.

"You and Scott have to be more carefull now that Argent knows there's a teenage werewolf." Derek says, taking a seat at the table. "He's not the one you should be afraid of tho. If Kate finds out your brother is the werewolf she's hunting, she won't stop until he's dead. But if she finds out you're a Gaia... it's over for all of us."

Alycia looks at him.

"Is that all?... Nothing else you want to talk about?" She asks, also taking a seat next to him.

Derek stands up shaking his head.

"It's late, you should go to sleep and i have work to do."

"Hey! You can't just kiss me and act like it never happened." Alycia says, standing up and following him. She grabs his wrist and turns him around.