Chapter 1

Y/n's POV

"When you get older enough, go to Encanto and you will surely live your life the fullest"  I'm only five years old when Abuela told her last wish to me on her deathbed.I cannot believe that this is the day where I start to fulfill that promise.

I look around the the town,people are scattered and mostly help one another.They look so happy and friendly,I smiled.Maybe Abuela was right,this is the place where I can live my life the fullest.I thought as I keep looking around the big village.

Then,I remember that Papá wrote on a small piece of paper the address of house that Abuela and Abuelo used to live.
I searched the paper on my pocket and thankfully it didn't fall or got lost.The address was not that far from here,therefore,I'll just walk the distance.

As I walk by,people greet me as if they know me which I greeted back.Some people smiled at me and offer to help with my things but I kindly declined since it's not that heavy.

I catched my breathe as I reached the address that Papá gave me.My jaw dropped as soon as I saw the house.If I lived here sooner maybe I won't even know the word grudge.

I still stand there in front of the house,amaze.Because I expect a not that clean and not that big house.I mean it's been like decades ago since Abuelá  leave this village since Abueló died.Then,she moved to another village where Mamá and Papá is currently staying—Mamá is an only child and I'm her only daughter.I never know why Abuelá leave this beautiful town—beautiful house.

"Holá!" my shoulder softly shake from the surprised greetings, I thought they're already finish with the greetings?
I look at the person who greeted me.I could tell that she's at the same age as mine,she has this cute messy curly hair,she wears an embroidery white top and a long skirt with different shades of blue with a colorful embroidery in which I adored,and lastly,her pear colored tilted glasses that she fixed.

She nervously laughs , "I uhm well I didn't mean to well you know I uh sorry about you being startled by my sudden greeting I was just heading home but I saw you and you're not quite..familiar?" she begins as she played with her finger nervously and her eyes awkwardly looking at mine.

"Oh no!its alright you don't need to apologize I'm just really out of space because I kept admiring my Abuela and Abuelo's house.I'm actually new here and it's my first time in your lovely town." I told her as I saw her eyes sparkle.

She squeals ,"You're new here!Oh my so eh lemme carry that" she grabs half of my belongings and walks closely to the house door.She was about to open the door but she stopped and looked at me.

I looked at her back confusely ,"I just want to confirm if this is your house because it will be very awkward if I open a wrong house." she explained thinking if her reasoning makes sense.

I nod with a soft chuckle ,she smiled and opened the door.

"Holy" she started as we look around the house

"Shit" I continued.

We look at each other for a minute and laugh

"Your house is almost as big as our casita and you're gonna live here,alone?!" she exclaimed as she keeps looking around from the almond colored ceiling to the colorful floor.The house is indeed big for a one person to live.Again,I don't quietly expect a clean house and a BIG house—that I was too stunned to even touch a single thing.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you admiring your house but do you think we need to arrange your things first?" she says as she put half of my belongings to an ancient table near her.

"Oh yes,let's do that." I responded

She smiled at me , "sooo!where should we put thi—oh" she was about to finish her sentence but it seems like she remembered something very important.I gave her a 'Is there something wrong' look.

"I still don't know your....name" she mumbles

I laugh , "Don't worry, I still don't know your name as well  so it's a tie.My name's Y/n L/n nice to meet you?" I said in a questioning way to ask her name.

"Mirabel,Mirabel Madrigal.Welcome to Encanto,Y/n."she introduced with a welcoming smile.

I smiled, we both smiled and continue arranging my things.

A/N: Not me writing this chapter while listening to my playlist that got me distracted and just vibing to the song.