009. peter, peter and peter

IX. PETER, PETER & PETER
"i missed you"

ADMITTEDLY, ISABELLA IS INCREDIBLY WORRIED ABOUT PETER

ADMITTEDLY, ISABELLA IS INCREDIBLY WORRIED ABOUT PETER. After the death of his Aunt May, he had fled the scene and not told her where he was going. She is aware that he probably wouldn't want the company anyway, so she makes her way back to Ned and MJ. The two of them are probably filled to the brim with fear for their best friend.

Knocking on the front door, Isabella is met with Ned when it opens. The sorrow on her face is more than enough to clue him into what had happened, the news reports blasting in the background. He moves out of the way and she walks inside, giving the older lady a small smile as she watches.

"Where's Peter?" MJ asks and the brunette girl bites her lip as she tries to think of some response.

"He took off. His Aunt–" She cuts herself off, unable to handle the way Michelle's face seems to crumble. "I couldn't find him. I was hoping you two would know where he'd go,"

Sitting down beside Michelle, Isabella lays a gentle hand on the younger girl's shoulder. Ned takes a seat on the other side as MJ begins to look at the mysterious box that could send them all back to where they're supposed to be. The girl from the other dimension swallows lightly, wanting to help Peter before leaving but knowing that this is probably for the best in the end.

"I-I think I should send them back,"

Isabella doesn't miss the glance, one that is so hesitant that's it's almost heartbreaking, from Michelle when she speaks. The older girl nods her head encouragingly, smiling softly as if telling her it's the right thing to do.

"I know he told us to wait but I don't think I can," She adds on as an afterthought.

"I just wish we could see him," Ned comments gloomily, causing Isabella's heart to ache even further. These poor kids, what a terrible situation they've found themselves in.

Isabella snaps her head to the side when a small inkling of one of Doctor Strange's portals begins to appear before them before it's gone. Looking back to Ned, her eyes have widened slightly. He has the Wizard's item and suddenly he can open portals?

"Ned, do that again," Michelle interjects, obviously seeing the exact same thing she had. "Say his name or something,"

"I wish we could see Peter," Ned speaks a little louder and suddenly there is a full on portal before them. Isabella is on her feet in an instant, standing in front of the teenagers who watch warily over her shoulder.

"Peter!" Ned calls but Isabella shakes her head, putting her arm out to stop him from moving forward. This is not their Peter.

There are several telling characteristics that Ned and MJ have likely not picked up on, considering the fact they're worried for their friend. For one, he is significantly taller than the Peter she'd been with less than half an hour ago, at least a head. Another would be the way the suit is different, it's not the same. However, she will admit it's familiar. Peter had also left with his mask off, he has no reason to hide his identity any further.