"Rumors have it that she stays inside her chambers for days on end. It is said that she does not come out, not even for food or other necessity." Eyes drifted down to her hands.

"That cannot be good for the child."

"Indeed."

"Prepare something tasty for her." The woman gawked as the woman pulled away from the window with a slight smirk.

"I shall go and visit her. It's not good for a woman with child to be alone."

"At once."

***

"When are we to return to the palace?"

"A little less than a week's time."

"Ah."

"The request was to make it back in three. Clearly, I've negated that."

"I'm glad you did." She sighed and pulled his arm closer against her chest, laying her head against his bicep.

"Truth be told Cheol-su...I've....I haven't been myself these last couple weeks." He glanced down at her.

"Being with child is...it is much harder to do being alone. It's possibly the worst thing a woman can experience." His chest grew tight.

"All you have is your unborn...who as of yet cannot talk or respond to you." He stopped her and took hold of her face.

"Tiye..."

"I didn't tell you....and...now you're here. That's the most important thing." Pressing his forehead against her, he looked at her from underneath his lashes.

"What must I do to rectify this...tell me." Sighing against him, she smiled.

"I know this was not intentional nor was it your choice."

Pressing a kiss against him, she couldn't help the small little nibble on his bottom lip.

"Still, I must make it right. If only we were back in Kush...I'd atone in a much more...appealing way."

"Tell me."

"I would lay you on a bed of rose petals..."

"And then? What would you do my love?" She whispered, their eyes meeting.

"Devour you." His simple yet raspy answer against her lips made her smile. Pulling away, she took hold of his hand. His gaze set her on fire and she bit her lip as she turned her head leading him further into the forest.

***

"Lady Jae-hwa,"

"Leave me alone."

"The crown princess demands an audience with you." Opening her eyes, she slowly sat up.

"Wang Mishil?"

"Yes, my lady." Swallowing thickly, she gave the woman her hand to help her stand.

"What could she want..."

"I haven't the slightest idea."

"Help me dress."

"Yes, my lady." At once the robe that had been nearly peeled to her body was removed and she let her hair be taken up to comb.