And The Pack Survives(Jaime POV)

Start from the beginning

"So it's true. The Targaryen is mad", he said quietly, and then pulled out a letter, with the Stark sigil on it and gave it to me. "We have to take care of this. I will write a letter to my Uncle informing him of this, and then we will all make a decision".

"This arrived from my Uncle yesterday. I will provide you with the horses and the supplies you need to get to Winterfell immediately. You are needed there", he said and stood before leaving the room.

I watched him leave before opening the letter quickly. What could have possibly happened in Winterfell that my presence was needed there. Since Lord Edmure was not obviously agitated, I guessed it wasn't something bad.

Edmure,

Audelia had received news of Jaime's death.

I stopped reading there for a small moment. She thought I was dead? No, no, no this couldn't be happening. I still remember what it felt like when I thought she was dead, and I could not handle it. I was ready to die at just the mere thought of her not being alive any more.

She had gone into unexpected labour. There were complications. She lost a lot of blood. The babe is thankfully alright, but she is in critical condition. The Maester did all he could, and now it is up to Audelia to fight and live. She is asleep and will be until her body had healed enough to wake up. But we are not sure when, or if that will happen. 

The boy is being taken care of, don't you worry. Lady Sansa will be acting as Queen Regent for the time being. Everything else will continue according as the Queen had planned. 

I will send any new news when I know them.

Your Uncle, Lord of Riverrun,

The Blackfish

I didn't even notice that I dropped the letter until a moment later. I jumped up from my seat and stumbled out of the room, somehow finding my way back to the courtyard where I saw Bronn already putting a saddle on one of the horses. He saw me coming and must have seen my face because he was looking at me questioningly.

"What now?", he asked, expecting that another attack happened. I turned to look at him, tears in my eyes now and he watched me.

"She thinks I'm dead", I breathed out and Bronn had a series of faces before he settled on a blank one and finished sattling his horse as well.

"Well let's go, show her we're not", he replied, tightening the leather so the saddle wouldn't move too much.

"She could be dead", I whispered that part and he put the bags on the horse a little rougher than necessary.

"You won't know until you get there. So let's go, what are we standing around for. This ain't helping anybody", he said, which prompted for me to get on my horse and start riding.

I needed to get back to Winterfell. I needed to get back home.

When I arrived I was greeted by people looking worried and whispering to each other. And when I walked past, they would stare at me with look I could not describe, but I knew they couldn't be good.

Brienne stood guard at the entrance that I usually took to get to our room with Audelia. She eyed at me, hand on the tilt of her sword as I approached.

"How is she?", I asked immediately, and she looked at me with pity in her eyes.

"Bad", she said. "The Maester did all he could, now it is up to the Gods".

I practically bolted inside, running past guards and servants without a care in the world. I needed to see Audelia. I needed her, here, now, with me.