Chapter Twenty Seven

Start from the beginning

My eyes on him he cringed, turning back to his food with a red face.

"What."

"Stop looking at me like that..." He mumbled.

"Like what?" I took a bite to hide my grin.

"Like... You think I'm thinking something... which I'm not." He swallowed, turning so I couldn't see his face as well as he stuffed his mouth with the food and subconsciously shifted a little closer.

I stared at him, letting him see just how much I wanted to fuck him against his precious leather sofa a second time if he even glanced at me. Damn, I needed to shift in front of him and I was so hungry for him I had no idea if I even could shift. 

The itch to transform was resounding in my head recently, distracting me at times, my wolf was shifting, unsettled inside me, it felt strange. It had been so long since my last shift now, having transformed only the night before I met Max, and then never since.

"Thinking something?" I grinned, reaching out brush my hand up his shirt, maybe undo a couple buttons, maybe something more.

He slapped my hand away. "Let's just eat!" He whispered.

He was really burning up, even the air between us crackled, how he could push me away was beyond me because the drive to take him was almost overwhelming.

But I was good, I sat there and shovelled the food in my mouth first.

"It tastes good." He mumbled after a little while, and a glance proved he was making decent headway into the meal. "Very good." And he looked pleased with me, I felt my chest involuntarily puff up, the approval swimming in my veins like extra reason to grab him and teach him exactly what else I was good at. But I had a job to do, and the faster I got it done the faster I could get to fucking him into my sheets every night without fail. After tonight he'd wear my mark on his neck. 

"So I was thinking-" He started talking at the same time as I did. "I need to talk to you abou-"

"What?" He said. "Huh?" I asked.

We waited a moment, then he continued. "I was thinking maybe you'd like to meet my friends..." He spoke in a low voice, quiet and gentle, a little insecurity showing through as he reached for his glass.

I blinked at him slowly. "Yeah..." I nodded. "Sounds good, when?"

"Tomorrow evening."

"Alright."

And so it was set, and suddenly I didn't know how to tell him I was a wolf anymore.

Hey, I'd like you to meet my friends. Sure thing, by the way, I'm a werewolf. 

I cringed, but as we set our dishes aside, the warm cosy atmosphere mingling with tense undertones as we kept our distance from each other, a distance I wouldn't have to keep if he understood why he wanted me so much, I took a long look at him and gritted my teeth. 

It had to be done, it had to be. 

"Max," I looked at him. "I'm a werewolf."

He didn't say anything as he piled the plates on top of each other. Instead a short silence followed.

"Did you hear me?"

He looked over at me and cocked his head slightly, those beautiful eyes had a frown in them, and otherwise a slightly blank look was on his face. "I don't... know..."

I reached out and caught his forearm as he was beginning to get up. "I can prove it." I replied, wanting to use his arm to propel him back against the sofa so I could corner him in and climb on top of him. I had to be cool, not force the situation... once this was done he'd be mine, he'd realise he needed to be all submissive and that, follow me and do as I say...