Chapter 22- Goodnight Soldier

"Are we going to tell Tony?" I asked Natasha, as I grabbed some of my favourite weapons.

"We still aren't on very good terms after the accords. He was only playing nice because you were like me. If I take you away from that safety... let's just say he won't much want to help," she said, and I nodded.

"There is a flight to Portugal, and then a transfer to Hungary, where we can get to Budapest," she explained, and I nodded, tucking my hair before pulling on the blonde wig she gave me.

Putting on the facial device she gave me, I turned into a new person, before putting on glasses.

She had a dark haired wig, and to our ID's, was my mother.

"You sure you want to do this? You just got to your family," she said, and I nodded.

"Think of how many other girls could go home. Be something else. I got out, so did you," I replied, before changing into the set of leggings and hoodie she gave me.

"I know. We should go," she said, and I nodded, quickly following her to the elevator.

"I ordered a cab. Should be harder to track," she said, and I nodded.

We made it inside, and on our way to the airport.

"And you are sure that your source was reliable?" She asked, and I nodded.

"The number to disengage the bomb was my number, and they knew it in Russian," I said, and she nodded.

Getting past security was quite easy, and soon we were on the plane.

The weapons were disguised, part of Tony's technology.

Sleeping most of the way to Portugal, the plane ride went quickly, and soon we were transferring.

Looking around the airport at all of the unique people, it was good to see everyone looking happy.

"You are used to private places. Airports are interesting aren't they?" She commented, leading me to our gate.

"Yes. So many different people, from so many places," I said, seeing many countries flags on people's suitcases.

"That's true. Our planes are pretty close together, let's keep moving," she said, breaking me from my thoughts.

I nodded, following her.

Making it through customs, we soon boarded our second flight.

Sitting back against the seat, I could not seem to sleep this time.

What if Peter thought that I was leaving him?

Pretty much as soon as we start to get together, I leave.

Stop thinking that.

Focus on the mission.

"Budapest is a big city. Where should we start?" I asked her, not knowing just what to do without direction.

"We should start with an old property I had here. We can make it our home base," she said quickly.

Nodding, I gestured to our stewardess.

"Excuse me, do you have a map of Budepest?" I asked her, and she nodded, soon returning with one in hand.

"What do you need a map for?" Natasha asked, watching as I opened it.

"To study street patterns. If things go wrong, it is good to have an escape plan," I responded, and she nodded.

"I'm surprised, haven't you been here before?" She asked as I studied.